Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Symptoms of bad fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:07 AM
bagged97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Symptoms of bad fuel

I've never had any fuel sit around for more than a week or longer cause I've always managed to use it. However since my baby has rolled around I've had to put my truck to the wayside. Anyway, the fuel I have is more than a month old and I thinks it's gone sour. I fired up my rig yesterday and it ran like crap. Hard to start, won't stay runnin, won't idle well, bogs at low throttle, and bogs and sputters at high throttle. Would these be the symptoms of bad gas?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Symptoms of bad fuel

If the fuel's container was tight, it will be fine. I have a gallon I bought in June that is down to the last 3rd, and it may as well be new.

Maybe it's just the temp difference outside, you need to retune for. Maybe the plug's on it's way out, that very bottom coil is not glowing as bright as it should or has some surface issues...
Old 12-31-2005, 11:25 AM
bagged97

I replaced the plug, and the temp is about the same as last month. I tried a retune, and nothing would work. Ran the same no matter what.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

If the fuel's container was not air-tight it could go bad quickly. Other than that, you should be good...
Old 12-31-2005, 12:05 PM
bagged97

So if it is bad, is what I described sound about right?