Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

happy new year....not for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:18 AM
jonmills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy new year....not for me

urgent help is needed. first of all im new to rc but have been the proud owner of a savage 25le for the past 2 or 3 weeks. breakin seemed to go alright n got better from then on up untill abit before xmas. i noticed that when i accelerated upto full throttle the throttle servo arm jolted back n forth between full and 3/4 throttle, aswell as the front wheels twitching to the left n back.

i posted before n had a few responses giving me numerous things to check.somebody said about metal t metal contact and after this i noticed the brake linkage was touching the roll bar when at max throttle....so i took it off to check for improvements n it seemed to be working....

anyway....took it out today n abit after getting it warmed up the same thing happened.

can any1 offer some advice.... or.... if uv had a similar thing happen to ya... some feedback wouldnt go amiss

cheerz once again n

happy new year
Old 12-31-2005, 11:31 AM
sprocket226

Default RE: happy new year....not for me

Did you replace the batteries in your truck and controller? Low batteries in either one can cause twitchy servos.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:44 AM
jonmills

yeh i tried that mate.....no luck unfortunatly[]
Old 12-31-2005, 11:54 AM
sprocket226

If you've tried new batteries, no metel to metal contact, and the reciever and antenna are OK, I'd check with HPI, or the LHS (if you bought from there). It may be something you cant fix. I was at the LHS one time and a guy brought his truck in and the controller actually started smoking! (I didn't see it, just took their word for it).
Someone my chime in here who has had the same problem, and give you better info...
Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 PM
jonmills

i did snap the antenna the other day but checked the wire n all looked good. just had another look though and noticed when i lift the back end, when the shock springs r at full extension the spring slightly touches the exhaust header (i think thats what its called).
could this b doin it

cheerz 4 replying
Old 12-31-2005, 01:50 PM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

I have seen if you have gotten got the receiver on the truck wet the serveo will act up.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

get a new radio it can be a defective rx .
Old 01-01-2006, 02:43 PM
the dog

mine did that in 3 diferent locations. all were within 2 miles of an airport. i would fire up and the throttle
would open up and the steering would go crazy. my radio acted like it wasnt even there. one time it took off at about full throttle and hit a car. no damage of either thankfully. so my rule of thumb is i play no where near a airport. problem is we have them radar things all over the place.
its never done it again since i stay away from airports. its worth a shot moving to a new location before you buy new gear.
also the funny thing was it wouldnt act weird till it was running. i could turn on truck and radio and nothing would happen, then fire up truck and it would go berzerk.