Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Starting with RX and Controller on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:23 AM
SavMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting with RX and Controller on?

Ive done my idle tanks but I cant get the carb to stay open when i turn on the RX and controller... I can see the carb closing as soon as I turn on the RX and obviously with the carb closed it wont start.

How do i keep the carb open without having to take off the filter each time and move the throttle servo manually and then start the truck and keep it running when the RX and Controller is on?
Old 01-01-2006, 03:54 AM
SavMT

Default RE: Starting with RX and Controller on?

Ive tried adjusting the throttle trim, it doesn't do anything at all....
Old 01-01-2006, 04:01 AM
SavMT

I took off the fitler, with RX and controller on and turning the throttle trim all the way around and it does nothing. The carb doesnt move the slightest bit. If i press the throttle it opens like normal but the throttle trim doesnt make the carb move AT ALL! Is it broken
Old 01-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Polar_Bus

You do have the power switch on on the truck right? And you have a fresh set of betteries in the radio box right? Flip the small switch on the left of your radio that is marked 'TH". this is your throttle reversing switch. If the throttle arm still doesn't move, pull the linkage off at the throttle servo and see if the shaft is rotating back and fourth when you work the throttle on your radio. You might have a stripped servo linkage horn.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:54 PM
SavMT

Throttle servo was way out of whack, thanks HPI! Also had to play with the idle adjustment screw, carb stays open about 1-2mm now when RX is on. I should be set!