Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need good opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
jmamarshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good opinions!

I am selling my RC10GT and my on-road car so I can get a new monster truck. What do you guys suggest?

I was looking at the CEN MT and MT2...do you konw the difference of if they are anygood?

Not looking to spend more than $350....CEN's full package going for right under 300
Old 01-02-2006, 03:16 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Need good opinions!

Why would you post that question to an HPI MT forum. J/K
I would not own anything but a Savage. I saved and waited to get one instead of settling for something else without regret. I would do the same if I were you. If money is an issue then look into a used Savage on ebay or the classifieds here at RC Universe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32421.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	379679  
Old 01-02-2006, 03:36 PM
azzman

I would hold off on the MT2 (because of weak drivetrain parts and chassis flex) and wait for the CEN Magnum, which is basically a MT2 but the new improved version.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:38 PM
jmamarshall

Sorry to post on here but someone told me you guys respond quick.

Don't really want to go eBay, got an onroad car from there and its ok but its used, I am looking for something new.

When is the other CEN comeing out? So CEN is ok?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new CEN Magnum is available now at Custom RC Cars, but I have yet to find someone selling parts for it. It is a beefier version of the MT2. Also, I believe the MT and MT2 are the same truck, just different tops. Like Azzman said, go for the Magnum. It is an improved version of the MT2.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:58 PM
JayC1968

I did research before I bought my Savage SS 4.6. I took into consideration the availability of parts on 4 choices of truck I had in mind. I guess it depends on your location to get parts at your hobby shop. I found that HPI & Traxxas are the most easy to find locally. I just don't have the patience to wait 5-7 days to get my part through online shops, unless it's a BIG savings. Look into availability for parts at your local hobby dealer and take it from there. It does make a difference in order to keep from getting frustrated when you break a $10 part and your shop don't carry it.

Just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80321.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	379706  
Old 01-03-2006, 03:45 AM
tmodlin

HPI, Traxxas, and Losi seem to have the best parts availability at all of the Hobby Shops I have been to. That alone would lead me away from CEN because I would rather not wait to order parts. I have not ever seen a CEN truck in person so I cannot give much more advice other than to try the CEN forum on this site.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:12 AM
stilllost

toss up if yer lhs supplies the parts then go w/ the cen. one thing i have heard the cen machines are for those that like to wrench more then play from what i have heard. i got a buddy here that has the gennesis and says it's a pos everytime the gang gets together he brings his and either neverstarts or blows out the cb. i ogt tired of working on it. i offered him 200 for it but he laughed. he said he paid 600 for itand wouldn't take nothing less then 400 looks good but what a lemon
Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

check ultimatehobbies ur 350 might buy a better truck than cen mt2
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 PM
redbarton

ORIGINAL: badboy2

check ultimatehobbies ur 350 might buy a better truck than cen mt2
I agree with badboy2. Check out Ultimatehobbies.com. They have great one day sales on holidays and free shipping most of the time. They have a New Year's Sale going on right now. Here is a Savage 25 RTR for $369.95:

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p588.html

A couple other good deals:

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p584.html
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p619.html

I think the Cen MT2 is an okay truck but you will easily get to the price of a Savage with all the parts you break or need to upgrade.

My number one bit of advice is buy the truck your local hobby shop supports. Waiting for parts is no fun!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:37 PM
jmamarshall

OH thanks. I appreciate all of your help.

One problem I have is I live in freakin western Oklahoma nd there isn't a hobby shop for 80 miles or so. So waiting for mail is the norm. SUCKS!

Know anything about Tamiya electric 4x4? Have someone who wants to trade with my on road nitro. Never had electric.??