Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Engine compareison!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Ironlegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine compareison!!

i am buying a new engine for my savage 25, this is the engine i am getting , my question is , is it really any better then the stock engine

SH .28
Cubic capacity: 4.59 cc
Bore: 18.50 mm
Stroke: 17.00 mm
R.P.M : 28,000
Power: 3.5bhp@28,000rpm
Weight: 410 g
Dual ball bearings

VS.

Stock S-25

can i get some feed back from you guys on this engine, its eather this SH .28 or stick with stock i dont have the money right now to upgrade to anything better , thanks for your opinions!!!

ironlegend
jayson

cali,orange county, huntington beach
Old 01-03-2006, 03:41 AM
tmodlin

Default RE: Engine compareison!!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3672891/tm.htm

Read that. and type SH 28 into the search function and read some more. I have not really heard anything bad about these engines and I actaully came damn close to buying one myself. It seems to be one of the better engines out there for the money.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:37 AM
boydie1

Default RE: Engine compareison!!

My SH.28 is much more powerful than the S25 it replaced. The only problem I had with it was a piece of the one-way bearing housing broke off gouging the con-rod and scoring the piston/sleeve. Repaired under warranty I'm now back in the process of breaking it back in.
Just make sure if you decide on a larger, more powerful engine you upgrade to 4 spider diffs, better brakes and a motor-saver air filter.