Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 25, what a melon!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 04:07 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Savage 25, what a melon!

Well hey guys, this is my second nitro mt and first savage. on the first 2 tanks of break in there were no brakes, the servo was titeghned down too much. After I adjusted that, I couldn't fire her up today. I tried priming and everything else. Towards the end of my attempt, the roto start shaft lokck(btw what does that mean when it locks) I assumed that the engine was flooded and I opened up the plug hole and emptied her out. I just couldnt start her but two days ago it fored up in 1 second help please!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage 25, what a melon!

Does the roto start work ok if you're not trying start the truck?

You may have to lean out the HSN a little at a time, also when you start the truck give it a little throttle to get it going , or tweak your throttle trim up a little, then return it after she is running. I use the trim, it's easy on my 3PM
Old 01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Slicker

Does anybody know the basic settings for the two speed Transmission on the Savage 25..mine does not want to shift into second gear.. How is the two speed stock set up in adjustment screw turns from the screwed all the way in position??? Thanks for any information..
Old 01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
supermaxxrpm

For the not shifting into second gear...Try leaning out your highspeed...your engine may not be geting enough RPM's for your truck to shift.....
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
bagged97

Before you lean out the HSN, the stock setting from the bottom is 4 turns out. Keep an eye on your engine temps. It should start to shift at about 250-270. If not, then start to screw the adjustment screw clockwise in at 90 degree increments. If you can never get it to shift then, back it out four turns and make sure the engine gets up to temp. if it never does, then lean it out till it does and repeat the 2 speed adjustment process. Also, if you bottom out the adjustment screw DO NOT TORQUE IT DOWN. You will smash the screw and render it usless.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rotostart works fine.