Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

~SAvAGE25~SS~OR 4.6??~

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Dominic616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~SAvAGE25~SS~OR 4.6??~

Hi. I have a question but couldn't retrieve the answer through browsing previous posts, so if you have seen this, can you re-direct me?
Ok, I want to know the differences in the Savage 25, SS, and the 4.6. You can be as vague as you like but to the point... huh? I just mean brief but informative. Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Chronic

Default RE: ~SAvAGE25~SS~OR 4.6??~

The 25 is the "base" or classic RTR model with a .25 nitro star engine

The 25 Limited Edition is the same RTR truck with a three speed, big tuned pipe, dual brake kit, better filter, dirtbones tires, and a different body(did I forget something?)

The SS is a kit that you assemble. I believe it has a .25 in it like the first two with a two speed transmission.

The 4.6 has the bigger engine and is a kit also. I'm pretty sure it has a two speed, but it has some of the upgrades that the LE has. The kits don't come with any electronics or a radio.

Maybe someone else has some better specifics, but that's about it as far as I know.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Ironlegend

hes right thats getting to the POINT!!!

but the real question is do you buy the savage 25 or the savage 25 LTD he he

jayson
cali, orange county
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 PM
tmodlin

If you have the time and money skip the RTR versions and get a SS 4.6 kit. You will have the more powerful engine, which you WILL want. You can pick your favorite radio. And, you get to enjoy assembling it while learning how everything works.

I wish I would have bought the kit because I have already paid a lot more money to have an equivilant.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Chronic

Ehhh, either way. Depending on your preferences. The RTR isn't perfect and it will be modified/repaired, so you'll get plenty of experience and get to know the parts quite well whether you initially put it together or not.

The engine thing isn't that big of a deal to some. Bigger is nicer, but you'll want to swap the 4.6 too eventually. Depends on what your doing and what you want. I'm fine with the cheap radio for now, and my LE isn't exactly a slouch in the performance department. Plenty of truck for a beginner. I'm really impressed with my 25 LE RTR.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Dominic616

Thanks