Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

If I Only Could Do 1 Mod or 1 Upgrade thread

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

If I Only Could Do 1 Mod or 1 Upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:58 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If I Only Could Do 1 Mod or 1 Upgrade thread

exactly what i have done.......hey bagged ur first post made it sound like u were drilling a big hole to fit the connecxtors and all junk through so it makes more sense now that u say u cut off the connectors and ran it through small holes and resoldered on the connectors ...and i dont know of any hump packs that come with a charger...none at my LHS neways.....
Old 01-12-2006, 08:09 PM
bagged97

It wasn't a hump pack that I bought. Way back in the day I bought a 6v 5 cell stick pack for my RS4. I don't use the car much any more, so I ripped open the stick pack and converted it to a hump pack. It did come with a charger, and removing connectors is not that complicated, therefore I didn't have to cut or solder anything.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 AM
q8murder

gr8 thanx for the link but now i think an even better mod would to make it like the revo where you can recharge it from the car without removing the battery!!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

exactly what i have done.......hey bagged ur first post made it sound like u were drilling a big hole to fit the connecxtors and all junk through so it makes more sense now that u say u cut off the connectors and ran it through small holes and resoldered on the connectors ...and i dont know of any hump packs that come with a charger...none at my LHS neways.....
You only need to run the charge lead outside the radio box. All I do is file a slot next to the on/off switch opening, to allow the charge lead to be run outside the cover.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:17 AM
mrpj1972
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: podge_87
i suggest putting the TRS back on, as it bearly drains batts, also the failsafe is good if u get interferance but if your batteries go on your reciever then your failsafe has now purpose
a failsafe does help in the battery situation. it will kick in at a certain voltage. which i think for most its at 4.0 volts. but i have to side with the hump pack and servo upgrade. i have only used a trs on my savage and never had problems with radio interference (just make sure who/what your running around) also while your in there doing the servo switch, move the stock steering servo to the throttle position and put the cam style servo saver on.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Buzzbait

mrpj1972 is correct. My Venom failsafe kicks in when my hump pack drops below 4.2 volts. I've had it kick in many times. The only reason i can think of for a throttle return spring is in case my linkage falls apart, leaving the carb open with no way to close it.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:51 AM
mrpj1972
My Feedback: (8)

yeah i use to hate my failsafe, cause i was running alkalines. alky's give you 4.8 volts max, so when mine hit the 4.0 volt range..... boom! full turn & full brakes! that happening in a turn on a track resulted in multiple cartwheels. [:@]
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
INTEGRA

so y do u repeat what has aleady been said.....as i said" exactly what i have done".....i have my charger lead out the side instead because of the venom failsafe ....has to be on that angle to have the temp probe reach the head in the sweet spot. anyways W/e
TrU
P.S on the smartemp u can set ur own voltage cut off...pretty handy if u ask me.