Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Compression

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 AM
I Eat Glue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression

When I turn over the engine with my finger over the exhaust the engine won’t draw fuel through the line. The only way I can prime the engine is by blowing on the exhaust line and forcing the fuel slowly through. Is this normal or do i need to check the carb and such for decompression?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:00 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: Compression

Probably not a compression issue. It's more likely to be an air leak in the fuel supply system. Check the header to engine gasket, the silicone exhaust coupler, the preasure and fuel lines and the fuel tank for cracks/leaks. The tank lid seal is often a problem.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Starcraft-IX

Agree that it may be an air leak. You may also want to replace your fuel line, and check that the fuel filter isn't plugged.

Also, I always prime by blowing in the tube. That way my engine isn't turning over cold unnecessarily - probably overkill
Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I Eat Glue

I was having trouble keeping the gas cap down, so that might just do it. Thanks. Your right, I should also probably replace the fuel lines. Lol, and Starcraft, its the lil things like that that make a difference
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Philster

The nipple on the exhaust pipe can get gunked up, too.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
kurtf5

you should make sure your tank lid is on correctly! Dont want to be doing flips with fuel leaking all over your car. Replacing the fuel tube is probably the first thing you would do. Its only about £1 for 1.5m length.