Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

gas tank question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas tank question

I think mine cracked at the halfway seam , is there a better tank ?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:14 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: gas tank question

[link=http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?session_id=vrqfgfyiussdydjtnyhsysxumxilwa qs&part_id=1704]New Era Tank[/link]
Gets rid of the half tank lean problem too.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM

Thanks JC , I know the one you mean ,have you ever seen the rear tanks they have for the savage ? I wonder if it would be in the way of the roto-start . I would like to run 2 tanks then , is that possible ?
Old 02-06-2006, 06:13 PM
My Feedback: (3)

You can run 2 tanks. There is also a new era rear mount tank, but yes it would not allow you to use a roto start I think. It looks like it would anyway. Here's a link to the [link=http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?session_id=vrqfgfyiussdydjtnyhsysxumxilwa qs&part_id=1853]New Era Rear Mount Tank[/link]

Keep in mind that these tanks are smaller than the HPI tanks. The new are tanks are 125cc the HPI are 160cc
Old 02-06-2006, 06:21 PM

I never knew about that new era rear tank mod, thats pretty trick. Thats an Ofna LX buggy tank sitting on that mount. My only concern is it looks like you can no longer use the rotostart after that mod? Does anyone have any facts for sure?
Old 02-06-2006, 06:35 PM

Did you ever see the ad on this site for the aluminum tanks for savage. They said their working on it , maybe i'll get a plastic side tank , then get the aluminum when it comes out. Have you ever heard about the ones they make now ? Any good ?