Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Bad crash leaves it not so smooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad crash leaves it not so smooth

Ok guys, might be a little hard to explain but here we go.

I landed a high jump very bad, it laned head first snapping the front centre drive shaft, something i have never seen done and considering i have a centre skid plate also, was amazed that that was all that broke.

Any way, have put a new front centre drive shaft in and was happy, how ever. When you spin one tyre on its own, the other one should spin on its own accord in the other direction right?? Well this does not happen any more. They feel slightly stiff, a bit bumpy and they both sort of turn in the same direction. It is only the front two tyres that do this, the ones that had the full impact.

Now with all fours tyres on the ground she runs fine, backwards and forwards. Also if i hold both the back tyres and try and roll the front two along it stops, which it should do.

So, what im asking is, what do you think could have happened?

I have not opened up the diffs as yet as have had no end of bad luck with the Diffs on me MT2, but i will if needs be.

Any one have any ideas??

Cheers in advance guys.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:31 AM

Default RE: Bad crash leaves it not so smooth

Open the diff up. I think you will find some teeth missing on either of the the two gears inside (crown/pinion)
Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 AM

Default RE: Bad crash leaves it not so smooth

All sorted, once i re-installed the diffs it was running fine, must have just given them a big knock.