Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hpi Wheelie bar For the X

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Wheelie bar For the X

hey guys i was just wondering if this thing is durable enough to with stand some good hits. i really need it though, because the x is just killing the body from all the wheelies! anyways does anybody have it and love it or is it a waste of time and or money? need asap

Thanx Nic
Old 04-30-2006, 07:47 PM
poe

Default RE: Hpi Wheelie bar For the X

if you want somthing strong why dont you give this a look, looks strong enough....

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...k&part_id=2199
Old 04-30-2006, 08:40 PM

I think that is too small. I have the HPI one and it has taken some pretty good abuse. I have the bigger wheel on (it has a large and a small wheel to change the height of your wheelies) and I can do controled wheelies all the way across a field but if I just punch it it will still flip over on its lid.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:43 PM

i've heard that they are VERY durable!
and to prevent it from flipping, i've heard people securing multiple rubber bands around the bigger wheel

i wouldn't buy the new era one, costs over twice as much and the plastic one will be just as good
Old 05-01-2006, 08:40 AM

I have both the HPI wheelie bar and the New Era wheelie bar. Functionally, the New Era wheelie bar is far superior. The truck is much less likely to flip over onto its lid with the New Era kit, and wheelie riding is MUCH more stable. The downside is that if the New Era bar takes a hard hit, it could possibly take a bend, although mine never has. I have never heard of anybody else bending one either, but it is theoretically possible. Also, you have to remove the New Era wheelie bar every time you pull the engine, which is a hassle.

The HPI wheelie bar seems to be very strong, and it is very convenient to mount and use. Unfortunately, it does not do its job very well. The wheel is mounted up far too high. You can flip over the truck rather easily, and the single wheel does not make for a very stable ride. But it's better than nothing, I guess.