Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Shocks...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:23 PM
BLDonovan33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage Shocks...

Just wondering, has anyone put savage shocks on an LST 2? I've heard so much of people putting LST Shocks on a savage, why not the other way around???
Old 07-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Chronic

Default RE: Savage Shocks...

ORIGINAL: BLDonovan33

Just wondering, has anyone put savage shocks on an LST 2? I've heard so much of people putting LST Shocks on a savage, why not the other way around???
Because the LST shocks are approximately 9.2 million times better than the Savage shocks. The only downside is the extra weight, but other than that they are far superior in every way.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:01 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I know some do not like the stock shocks but to this point I do not have a problem with them. May be if I had some LST shocks to try I would change my mine.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:08 PM
dsm8099

The stockers work just fine.
I think they are better than aftermarkets anyways.
just put the oil weight in them you want and different springs.
I have hotbodies aluminums on my 25 SS and they suck!
The o-rings just fall out of the bottoms, and you can't replace them
without buying 8 more shocks.
I do have HPI aluminums on a used savage i just bought. haven't had time to see how the perform yet.
If they are good, i will let you guys know and put them on my racer.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
-SomeGuy-

If you have money then get the lst conversion kit, if not then the next best thing is to stick to stock. And no i cant see the justification of putting savvy shocks on a lst...
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
CooknessMunster

I have a set of the Hot Bodies Aluminum Shocks and I have rebuilt them several times now..... I always replace the orings when I blow them out. I had to replace a couple of posts cause I bent them... I used the stock shock posts to replace them. I did loose a lil e ring but I found some at HobbyPeople that seemed to work. I have gotten used to the fact that you are just going to have to rebuild shocks everyonce in awhile
Old 07-20-2006, 06:30 PM
benzzyo5

i like the stock shocks the only thing that went wrong with mine were that i bent a shaft a little but i put it in a clamp and with a hammer it was like new again
Old 07-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: benzzyo5

i like the stock shocks the only thing that went wrong with mine were that i bent a shaft a little but i put it in a clamp and with a hammer it was like new again
No really it isn't. It might look okay, but you didn't get it perfectly straight with a vise and hammer, not to mention that even if you had it is now weaker and more prone to bend in the same spot again. Expect Oring leaks on that shock soon. I've straightened a couple and they always end up needing to be replaced soon after. Good enough if it's working for you, but keep that in mind..

These shocks blow in every way possible, but that's just my opinion and not what this post is about. Getting back to the topic at hand... hold an LST shock in your hand and then do the same with ANY Savage style shock and you can easily see why. Go drive the two trucks side by side and pay close attention to the suspension of each and how they handle different obstacles. Other than the weight, the LST style shock is about as close to perfect as you are going to get for a heavy MT.... in my opinion. The Losi Aftershock comes with plastic versions of the LST shocks, so expect to start seeing them on Savages soon too.