Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hobby shop questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:29 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby shop questions...

Do you guys think that a hobby shop will allow someone to possibly bring in their Nitro Truck and have like a tune up or a new kit break in of something for a fair fee? do any of your hobby shops do that..i really hope that hobby town usa acouple towns from me has that..im just asking if that accually exists...

thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
97talontsi

Default RE: Hobby shop questions...

they do it in mine
and charge for it
but i never got them to do mine
Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 PM
benzzyo5

yeah mine does that to. but you have pay for it. and it's very expensive for me that why i do all my own stuff, laos you learn this way. but the people charge 30$ an hour for labor......thats robbery
Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
DaveG55

Yes, most hobby shops will work on them too. The one closest to me will tune a nitro for $5 or $10. Don't know what they charge for the other work they do but I know they'll do anything you're willing to pay for.
That being said, this hobby is expensive enough w/o paying somebody to work on them. Take a bit of time and learn to do it yourself. It's not hard and will save you a bunch of money and give a good deal of satisfaction.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

LHS will break in and tune up but like benzzyo5 said gonna cost you $$$$$$$$$ best bet learn to do it yourself if you run in to a problem there's always someone here to help.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:23 AM
-SomeGuy-

When i first got my truck my lhs told me that if i ever needed any kind of work done on the truck it would be 40$ an hour. I never took them up on their generous offer. Since then i've walked in a few times and seen a freshly fixed savage on the counter and had to tell the guy what mistakes he did while putting it back together. Now im glad i took the time to do it myself [&:].
Old 02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Davidwoth

you might as well learn what to do dome tuning vids on you tube helped me
Old 02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
benzzyo5

ORIGINAL: -SomeGuy-

When i first got my truck my lhs told me that if i ever needed any kind of work done on the truck it would be 40$ an hour. I never took them up on their generous offer. Since then i've walked in a few times and seen a freshly fixed savage on the counter and had to tell the guy what mistakes he did while putting it back together. Now im glad i took the time to do it myself [&:].

see your hobby shop charges alot too. i think they try to take advantage of the new guys[&:] new guys be warned. your just better off doing it yourself. but my service at my LHS is good. if they don't have somthing that you need they order it for you and go the xtra mile when nessisary
Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

yea...i would just like to watch them do it so i can learn better.....to me its really confusing...To me it is..i dont understad lots of stuff but i would just like to see if they would do it and let me watch..i learn better when i watch the person do it and talk about it for real....in person would be kinda better....im tryng so hard to reaise money to get a savage....before i was going to go with a revo but then i was like...Nahhh...the savage looks really man and its like a big beast dat can handle anything...i tried this dudes savage here in my complex apartments and i was like COOL....so yea...i would just like to really REALLY learn how to really do it...because i get scared i will ruin something in the little engine then have to buy like a new one allready and stuff......thanks a lot...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM
buggymangp

at my LHS if you buy a new truck,car or engine.
they will give you a free tune up after break in.
after that it`s 10$ for a tune up. parts extra of course.
i seen this happen alot.
somebody buys a kit and asks the hobby shop to build it.
i mean whats the point of buying a kit if your not going to build it.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Stuck-N-Da-Mud
My Feedback: (14)

I have hobby town usa up the street from me & are very good to deal with.But between heli's ,trucks, boats I spend alot of money there,at any given time if I get stumped to bad they will do my work free (But I have been dealing with them for years)it's going to take time if your new.look at it this way the LHS will get your truck to run for what ever $$$ ,but when your running and something goes wrong you have to go back to LHS.Take the time to fix it your self ,this is going to give you hands on what your truck does ,When i started i made alot of mistakes,may have cost me a few dollars but i learned how to do it myself.Now I just pay for parts or upgrades & do it myself.If you don't take the time to learn u gonna spend alot of$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at the LHS.This site is full of information take advantage it you will learn alot.But if your having a hard time breakig - in- take the truck in to hobbytown sure they will guide you thru it at no$$$$ LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 PM
m5161968

I agree with you guys learn to do it yourself, when i blew my rear diffs on my lst2 i was charged $50 to repair, i stayed to watch how it was done. needless to say the hobby shop guy forgot to put a brace back on the right way so when i went to run i notice alot of flex in the back was going to take it back but the thought of possibly paying more for something else cause you know they will find something else wrong. anyway i fixed the problem in the park in about 15 mins then went home and changed the the oil in my front diffs and have fixing my trucks ever since...you will get tired of paying for every little thing that you can do yourself sooner or later. still learning how to tune though will have that down pact soon
Old 02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

im not talkin about all that stuff..i just mean like tune ups and a once time break in ...thats it....
Old 02-14-2007, 02:19 PM
dude7422

hi all one out of four my lhs owners will work one a car or truck for free if he is not busy and you buy part from him but he is very small store not much bigger then a 12 foot by 12 foot store