Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Chronic TVPs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
3spdsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chronic TVPs

Hey guys, just starting to get back into hobby. I hear about the chronic tvps. How are they? I wanted to get the FLM LCG TVP becuase i hvae the FLM shock towers which i love and im happy with that. I want to know how much chronics' tvps? will they work with rotostart? how much? how long of a wait to get them? Pics of trucks w/ chassis would be cool too.

THanks
Old 05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
SETTLES43

Default RE: Chronic TVPs

i hear they are real good but, i have been waiting for mine since April 19th.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
muddragon

I'm waiting to, He's waiting on stock metal to make more.. I can't wait to get mine...
Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
3spdsavage

how much is he asking for them and are they compatable w/ a rotostart?
Old 05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
azzman

PM him...
Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
-SomeGuy-

Yeah man PM him for any pricing info. Do a search for 'Chronic' and you'll find all the pics you want.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

they're awesome. Yes, rotostart compatible, and FLM sucks[&:] lol

I've had Chronic's TVP's on my Savage X for a little over a year now. they're bad-friggin-ass. I still need to work out exactly what I want done for my next set on my X SS...

my truck torn down a while back, real good shot of the plates themselves, and a pic from about an hour earlier than the first pic[&:]

Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The thing about Chronic is, he'll make you pretty much whatever you want.., and for a great price with great service. I have a set of NON-lowered, front extended(so, rear bone up front..), and they're great.. Eventch here I'm gonna get a set of full extended lowered, basically Chronic's equivalent of the InnovativeRC plates everybody says are so great...

Old 05-16-2007, 03:28 AM
naynay12

With the full ecyended lowered does anyone knoe if youi need to buy anything else ,if so what?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think he'll supply the engine plate that's needed, and then you just need a huge dogbone - from the Truckzilla I think..... Not sure though.. If you look at the set from innovative-rc - seems to be a lot of stuff with it...
Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Chronic

All of my LCG style TVPs come with an engine plate and center skid. The TVPs are 7075 aluminum and the skid and engine plate are 6061. The use of 7075 is what makes them so damn strong, plus they are designed with bashing in mind. Everyone tends to compare my plates to the FLM offerings because the prices are close, but the aluminum that I use is 3-4X the price of their stuff...

I'm currently out of stock though, so it will be up to two weeks or so before I can make any more. I've been looking for some .090 material to do the engine plates to go with my current orders for two weeks now (I JUST located some of that) , and my new sheet of TVP material won't come in for at least another week. I don't know if it's because of the war or what, but my steel suppliers had a hell of a time finding a sheet of that 7075...

Here's a pic of the newest setup I have done... it's the same thing as my normal 10mm extended LCGs with some added bling factor.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 AM
BCKoots

^^^^^

I can't wait to get my hands on those babys!!! My truck will be pretty awsome when I get her all together.

You really do awsome work man.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM
SETTLES43

WOW!! you do some awesome work!! of course that pic just makes me more impatient.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Chronic

Thanks guys
Old 05-16-2007, 02:00 PM
aidE

Chronic, have you done any plates with holes in the tvp to mount both the steering and the throttle servo? What lengths do you make? I have a pair of innovative plates, 6mm front ext but i want more ext.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Thanks guys
Sent you a PM bro.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:51 PM
LSTVega28

Chronic, do some Revo stuff! And make some pics. Btw, 3spdsavage is my brother, I got him to get a Savage.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Chronic

RevoVega, a buddy of mine is trying to sell me his TM323 powered Revo. He is converting to a Savage X SS.

As of right now though, it would probably be my wifes truck if I bought it. I don't really want a Revo, I've just done tons of work and setup on this one already and I would hate to see it go to someone else. He has over $1000 in it already, and if I let him keep the RB for his Tmaxx and make him a set of TVPs I can get it for $300.

go-to, I got your PM[sm=thumbup.gif] No problem.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM
LSTVega28

Get a Revo, you might like it. I have had my Savage for 3 years b4 I sold it, when I got the Revo 3.3, I didn't know what to expect. It can almost withstand the beating of what a Savage can take. The weak parts I have found are the skid plates, they tend to break easy. I havent broke 1 ARM yet, had my revo since the revo 3.3 launch date. With the TM, that thing is gonna booogy!LoL
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
3spdsavage

i own a savage and a revo. My revo i installed the center diff and rear brake on and went out to run the truck and the truck broke. Stripped one of the Diffs. Im getting really tired of it. THis is the third time that i wanted to run it and broke something on the first tank. My revo is going to be sitting for awhile. Getting back into savvy. IMO SAVAGE > REVO neday of the week. (racing and bashing) sorry for sounding like a jerk. not to bash my bros revo or neone elses. Im just sick of my revo. maybe i got a dud. im tired of buying replacement parts for the truck. btw.. centerdiff on the revo is sweet!!!! truck handles so much better. quicker of the line and at high speeds you have total control of the truck. awesome for racing. MOEED!!! get the center diff. and just pray it last more than 1 tank.
ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

Get a Revo, you might like it. I have had my Savage for 3 years b4 I sold it, when I got the Revo 3.3, I didn't know what to expect. It can almost withstand the beating of what a Savage can take. The weak parts I have found are the skid plates, they tend to break easy. I havent broke 1 ARM yet, had my revo since the revo 3.3 launch date. With the TM, that thing is gonna booogy!LoL I WISH I HAD A SAVAGE!!! but im not worthy
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Chronic

go-to, I got your PM[sm=thumbup.gif] No problem.
Can you PM me or contact me with pricing or delivery time estimates?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:31 PM
LSTVega28

Then, you probably set up your brake wrong. I have had my Savage longer than you, REVO>SAVAGE LOL. come down to texas and I will whip your savage any day of tha week sumair!Lol
ORIGINAL: 3spdsavage

i own a savage and a revo. My revo i installed the center diff and rear brake on and went out to run the truck and the truck broke. Stripped one of the Diffs. Im getting really tired of it. THis is the third time that i wanted to run it and broke something on the first tank. My revo is going to be sitting for awhile. Getting back into savvy. IMO SAVAGE > REVO neday of the week. (racing and bashing) sorry for sounding like a jerk. not to bash my bros revo or neone elses. Im just sick of my revo. maybe i got a dud. im tired of buying replacement parts for the truck. btw.. centerdiff on the revo is sweet!!!! truck handles so much better. quicker of the line and at high speeds you have total control of the truck. awesome for racing. MOEED!!! get the center diff. and just pray it last more than 1 tank.
ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

Get a Revo, you might like it. I have had my Savage for 3 years b4 I sold it, when I got the Revo 3.3, I didn't know what to expect. It can almost withstand the beating of what a Savage can take. The weak parts I have found are the skid plates, they tend to break easy. I havent broke 1 ARM yet, had my revo since the revo 3.3 launch date. With the TM, that thing is gonna booogy!LoL I WISH I HAD A SAVAGE!!! but im not worthy
Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 PM
3spdsavage

dude....we raced here in california. I beat your revo all day at the track with my savage. this is with the mods you have now. So....sorry buddyguy....you cant beat my savvy. btw...im thinking of sending you my revo...i dont want it nemore....i wanna vomit when i see it...[&o]
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: 3spdsavage

dude....we raced here in california. I beat your revo all day at the track with my savage. this is with the mods you have now. So....sorry buddyguy....you cant beat my savvy. btw...im thinking of sending you my revo...i dont want it nemore....i wanna vomit when i see it...[&o]
Your full of it Sumair, we have never raced at the track, your savage was always broken. Your not gonna send me the revo, just BS.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:50 PM
3spdsavage

broken?...when has it been broken. We ran our trucks and you dont want to admit it you monkey. lol. plus you dont know how to drive. lol savage > revo
Cen ct4 (the pos nitro car you had ) > revo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.