Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

FOR THE SAVAGE GURUS :)....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR THE SAVAGE GURUS :)....

Sirs,

Ive been doing some research using the search function of this forum and i think the best answer i will get are the inputs from all of you guys. What are your inputs from these pipes? I am currently running an on-r0ad set-up savage. Thanks Sirs...

1. THS PIPE 8020

2. THS PIPE 8025

3. WERKS PIPE

4. TSAIS M25
Old 07-04-2007, 01:13 AM

Default RE: FOR THE SAVAGE GURUS :)....

I've got an RD logic twin rear pipe (loud) after running it this is what I would use it on, an On Road savage has the looks bling factor sounds awsome and cuz you won't be jumping would suit it to the bone. I'm in the process of buildng an on-road savage with with as much bling bling as I can affort. I'd still keep some plastic parts ie skid plates bumpers...etc
Old 07-04-2007, 07:43 AM

I personally have one of the THS exhaust systems (I cannot remember if it is 8020 or 8025). I have used it on K4.6s and an STS D28M and my THS pipe was great for bashing since it promoted mid range RPM or low to mid range RPM.

Now, since you are making an on-road Savage I highly suggest you get a high RPM engine since you will see a whole lot more top RPMs. Also, an exhaust system to promote high RPMs wold be the best to match such an engine.
For example, I have an STS D30M (the D28M's bigger brother) and since this engine is a higher RPM engine, I matched it to an STS 0702 exhaust system. Not only is the 0702 a pipe that promotes higher RPMs, it is specifically designed for the D28M and D30M in mind. The STS 0702 will also work for other high RPM engines.

Another high RPM exhuast system that is popular is Jammin's JP-2. Alternatively, you can also get the JP-3, the JP-3 is proported to promote both low RPM and high RPM outputs.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 AM

go with the werks pipe

ORIGINAL: jra918

Sirs,

Ive been doing some research using the search function of this forum and i think the best answer i will get are the inputs from all of you guys. What are your inputs from these pipes? I am currently running an on-r0ad set-up savage. Thanks Sirs...

1. THS PIPE 8020

2. THS PIPE 8025

3. WERKS PIPE

4. TSAIS M25