Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

A Wheely King. 73 mph. I kid you not.[X(]

With the body on it looks like any other road car. A true sleeper!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 PM
cossack71

Default RE: World's Fastest RC is...........................

<deleted by user after reading it closer>
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 PM
black mamba

Default RE: World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

It's not my truck! I'm just passing the info along to the masses. It was built by and is owned by a fella named Dave who works for HPI. www.hpiracing.com

Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 PM
savagedan89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hence the name of thread he said monster truck uhh not car
Old 08-11-2007, 03:16 AM
splcrazy

lol yeah isnt the wheelie king meant to be a monster truck ? whats going on here LOL... , and is that truck nitro or electric?

have you guys used the venom speed meter ? its for nitro and electric, and it mounts on the vehicle ?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Savagekilla

AmAzing!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

lol yeah isnt the wheelie king meant to be a monster truck ? whats going on here LOL... , and is that truck nitro or electric?

It's electric, brushless. Yeah, who would've ever guessed the Wheely King platform could transform into a land rocket? It's technically the most "toyish" RC truck HPI sells......and yet it's now the fastest.[8D]
Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
splcrazy

isnt the nitro4tec 3.3 top speed is 70mph plus . thats pretty close
Old 08-11-2007, 08:07 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

hers the better nude pics of it, he is on mamba system.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is advertised speed. Advertisers lie straight through their teeth. A 3.3cc 4-Tec can hit 55mph, maybe even 60, but any faster would require much higher gear ratios than those that come in the 4-Tec box. Additionally, the TRX3.3 will begin to struggle turning those high gears once it reaches 30000RPM, most nitro engines, the TRX3.3 included, loses much of its torque at this RPM bandwidth.

Now, if the 4-Tec had a powerful big block and really really high gears, I can see this light nib,e on-roadster reaching 70MPH.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:52 PM
splcrazy

yeah i know but electric isnt cheap either . you seen the prices of those electric motors lately...... most electric cars and truck have two electric motors and for the price of two motors you can buy one hell of a nitro monster truck
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
holinger91

.... personally i dont agree with this because to me.. this isnt a monster truck.... it has a monster truck chasis, yes.... but just because a monster truck has a pan chasis doesnt make it any less a monster truck... so yea i think maybe u could get by calling it a monster truck if you put the big wheels on it.. but with those wheels and that setup... its just a car
Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM
smm_cbf

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! never seen or heard anything like that; its crazy!!!!!! [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

yeah i know but electric isnt cheap either . you seen the prices of those electric motors lately...... most electric cars and truck have two electric motors and for the price of two motors you can buy one hell of a nitro monster truck
Yeah, motors are very expensive, even to the point of craziness. Going two motors will really make a crazy sick fast car or truck, and most of all, motors are the cutting edge in RCs. Motors in many respects supercede engines and will surpass engine by further leaps and bounds unless engines see a serious technological revolution.

100MPH true speed will be possible as motor technology continues to develop. Newer types of motors will come out, battery technology will continue to improve, and electronics will also evlve further from what it is now.

So, in line with this thread, I can see why the fastest truck is motor powered and not engine powered. Engine technology is not developing quickly enough to keep up with motor technology.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Vigilante212

Once you modify a truck to this extent it is no longer what its advertised to be this is not a wheely king its a purpose built speed truck and thats all.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:32 PM
black mamba

That's not a monster truck. The modified Wheely King above is the WORLDS FASTEST MONSTER TRUCK.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:37 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: holinger91

.... personally i dont agree with this because to me.. this isnt a monster truck.... it has a monster truck chasis, yes.... but just because a monster truck has a pan chasis doesnt make it any less a monster truck... so yea i think maybe u could get by calling it a monster truck if you put the big wheels on it.. but with those wheels and that setup... its just a car
It also has the stock King axles front and rear along with what appears to be most of the stock King suspension. It's pretty much a slammed King with a brushless system in it all rolling on road tires. Guys here do the same things more or less to their Savages for serious on road use, yet they are still called Savages and are still monster trucks. Instead of hating on the guy, give him props for literally doing the impossible. I mean, could YOU turn a Wheely King into a 73mph beast and take the World's Fastest Monster Truck title? There's guys here that can't even do that with their big dollar Savages.[8D]
Old 08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

Once you modify a truck to this extent it is no longer what its advertised to be this is not a wheely king its a purpose built speed truck and thats all.
What about guys like SpikeX and a couple others that I cannot remember that have dedicated on road Savages? They're still Savages right? They're still monster trucks right? Why the double standard now? [8D]
Old 08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yeah, motors are very expensive, even to the point of craziness. Going two motors will really make a crazy sick fast car or truck, and most of all, motors are the cutting edge in RCs. Motors in many respects supercede engines and will surpass engine by further leaps and bounds unless engines see a serious technological revolution.

100MPH true speed will be possible as motor technology continues to develop. Newer types of motors will come out, battery technology will continue to improve, and electronics will also evlve further from what it is now.

So, in line with this thread, I can see why the fastest truck is motor powered and not engine powered. Engine technology is not developing quickly enough to keep up with motor technology.
We'll see the first mass produced 100 MPH RCs within a couple years. The technology is just about there. And they'll very likely be brushless.[8D]
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

We'll see the first mass produced 100 MPH RCs within a couple years. The technology is just about there. And they'll very likely be brushless.[8D]
Ya probably and Im betting traxxas will put the vxl in there spirit and claims speeds of 100mph+ with a 3s lipo
Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 AM
ravenlunatic

100mph!? come on, think about it, with that kind of speed what fun is driving it? you can't make turns without wrecking, there are very few places to run full speed. and you can barelky see your car form that far away! whats the point? i'd rather have fun hitting jumps and tackleing terrain then shooting a strait line.

still it's pretty cool that he can mod his truck into somthing crazy.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:46 AM
splcrazy

lol okay so that pic above is the wheely king monster truck ,but been modified to be a car . now i understand . yeah electric has some advantages and disadvantages compared to nitro . and the price of those lipo's are crazly expensive , and i see that they made 11.1v lipo batts to achieve those 70plus mph speeds , anyway i still love running my jato3.3 at those crazy speeds , i only use it though for straight line speeds , its a real adrenaline rush lol . and i found this perfect extremely long and wide flat road in my area to run it ,its just perfect . i would only consider getting an electric car that can do the 100mph runs but i guess they would need to make some crazy gearbox for it though with at least 5 gears to achieve that .
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: ravenlunatic

100mph!? come on, think about it, with that kind of speed what fun is driving it? you can't make turns without wrecking, there are very few places to run full speed. and you can barelky see your car form that far away! whats the point? i'd rather have fun hitting jumps and tackleing terrain then shooting a strait line.

still it's pretty cool that he can mod his truck into somthing crazy.
Get current with what's out there right now and you'll see where we are heading very quickly. Traxxas' "for the masses" brushless system can top out past well past 60+ mph with appropriately sized LiPos. The 100mph barrier is thisclose to being breached.....all due to brushless and LiPo. As for vehicle control, well, that all depends on your trigger finger, but expect the very fast speeds to only be obtainable on pavement and not dirt, mainly due to traction reasons.[8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM
black mamba

lol okay so that pic above is the wheely king monster truck ,but been modified to be a car . now i understand . yeah electric has some advantages and disadvantages compared to nitro . and the price of those lipo's are crazly expensive , and i see that they made 11.1v lipo batts to achieve those 70plus mph speeds , anyway i still love running my jato3.3 at those crazy speeds , i only use it though for straight line speeds , its a real adrenaline rush lol . and i found this perfect extremely long and wide flat road in my area to run it ,its just perfect . i would only consider getting an electric car that can do the 100mph runs but i guess they would need to make some crazy gearbox for it though with at least 5 gears to achieve that .
There's always going to be nitro vs brushless questions for whatever personal reasons, but you cannot hide the fact that brushless and LiPo technology is surpassing nitro very quickly. Prices will fall and when they do, the "scale of balance" of RC will likely shift in favor of electric once again. [8D]
Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 AM
splcrazy

and i'll be there when it happens lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.