Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What chassis plates?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What chassis plates?

I own a set and I'm pretty satisfied with my TVP's but there were some issues.... Some of the holes didn't line up, so I had to file down some spots... You cant run anything higher than 17/49 or 18/47 on the FLM's because there is no room for the motor to move.. I run 18/49 so I had to cut grooves for the flywheel, and engine mount on the side of the TVP's. But overall the quality is great and the plates are very light an strong. For $55 shipped (ebay deal) it was a steal for me[8D]
Old 11-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too had some fitting issues but like mentioned, a little time with a needle file and i was set. on ther then the four holes i filed, the parts fits and works great.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:43 PM

But you guys don't know if the Innovative ones fit any better?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:24 PM

nope, don't have them
Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ravenlunatic

nope, don't have them
He wants the Innovative pieces man...let him spend the money!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:26 PM

they aren't that expensive if you add the price of annodizing to the FLM.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:30 PM

The only problem is the added 3mm to the length. Will the bodies still fit on ok?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:47 PM

dude, if you want the innovative RC then get them we're not going to tell you that it's a bettery choice or a better buy becuase we are satisfied with FLM. get what you want and let us know how you like it.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 PM

I've got the RC Solutions ones....they're actually about .5mm thinner than stock, and they're still fine (even better now that I added 2.41mm thick lexan outers to them and bolted together that way....)

3mm difference in length won't change if bodies fit or not....that's such atiny amount it doesn't really matter....

and I agree with everyone else....buy whatever TVP's you like, I've had no problems with stock or the RC Solutions ones I got from SMF.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:40 PM

i've had one problem with the Xss TVP's... i bent a lower part to the plate landing on it while i was doing a bowl to bowl transfer at a skate park. the gap was about 3-4 ft and the my savage was about 5ft in the air. the lower part of the TVP hit the lip of the bowl and the truck tumbled over and flipped the rest of the way down... this was the day i decide not to put the center skid on...if it were on i don't think the TVP's would have been bent. i'm glad nothing else broke, the savage still ran fine for the rest of the time.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the FLM TVP's are ugly... But I agree, for half the price of the IRC's, that's a pretty convincing argument..
Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: -JOE-

The only problem is the added 3mm to the length. Will the bodies still fit on ok?
in answer to all of your questions about innovative rc plates. i got a black lcg 6mm extended set. its 6mm so you dont even notice it. the bodies fit fine, it doesnt change the location of the shocks from standard. There was zero probelms fitting them and i can use a roto start with them. the lcg makes it handle sooooo much better as well. i couldnt be happier with them to be fair....they also have lots of added holes for if you wanna do a mid tank mod or something.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 AM

Looks good. [8D]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Coxwaan, how do you like the wheelie bar?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Savage_Ninja

Coxwaan, how do you like the wheelie bar?

does the job squire....

ive actually gone out of my way to try and stop this thing wheelying, just prefer it to keep all wheels on the ground. So cant really report back on any 200 yard wheelies or anything. but in terms of stopping it from going over onto its back its fine.

i havnt tried anything else, but im happy with how flexable the whole thing is too, acts as an exta bumer i suppose. i could see an alloy one snapping, or moving the pressure onto another, more expensive part.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice setup man[8D] I wish my engine would sit that low, the STS .30 has a big @$$ cooling head lol, even with the LCG TVP's its still pretty high.. That was the main reason I decided to go FLM, because with the stock plates there was a huge chance of landing on the head and cracking the block/shearing the mount off and whatnot...