Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

throttle trim and idle screw

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:52 PM
e10drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle trim and idle screw

are they the same thign? because when i start my car the wheels spin and if i turn the trim down the car stalls, so i want to adjust the idle but isnt it the same thing?
Old 12-26-2007, 03:49 PM
azzman

Default RE: throttle trim and idle screw

You need to adjust the idle with the idle screw cause if you dont when you hit the brakes it can possibly stall because the carb will close all the way to where the idle screw is adjusted to.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
modd1uk

Default RE: throttle trim and idle screw

Identify your idle screw and turn it clockwise in small adjustments til your engine doesnt stall, too far and it will start to skip/move forward. You need to set your throttle trim on transmitter too so that when you apply the brakes they actually work and arnt pushing back too much on the carb.