Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

which is faster a savege x4.6 or tmaxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:59 PM
dan12779

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is faster a savege x4.6 or tmaxx 3.3

hello iam going to buy a truck and i cant decide between a tmaxx 3.3 or a savege 4.6 the savege is cheaper any opinans will help thanks[&:]
Old 01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
poe

Default RE: which is faster a savege x4.6 or tmaxx 3.3

The Savage will be a but more sluggish feeling.. The T maxx handles a little better and feels more agile. I dont care how fast the T maxx is, from what i have seen I would never spend $400 on one. They are not reliable trucks for a bad driver. The Savage will be better in the long run because you can take bigger and bigger jumps without worrying about stinkin a-arms breaking. If this your first truck speed shouldnt really be that big of a concern yet.. Go for the savage if you want durability and an actual good truck..
Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
MadManAndrew

You know what I'm gonna say,exactly what the guy before said accept not only is the Savage the most reliable truck out there but also one of the fastest offroad bashers.I've once went to a stock RC car racing competition and the Savvy beat 2 Revos,some Losi truck, and a T-Maxx.But when it made to the open,or modded competition it lost to a fellow Savvy with a Picco .28.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
beer=food
Banned

Get the 4.6 Savy over a T=Maxx, sheesh, forget the T-Maxx's there past there day, the revo is a better choice than a T-Maxx, its opinion as to whats better between revo's and savy's , my revo outperforms my savage, the guy posting above has a savy that beats his revos, your posting in the savy section post the same question in the traxxas section and get a better idea if you want a more accurate answer or better idea ? Its up to you to choose what you preffer, go to a hobby shop where they stock both or even better all 3 of these models, line em up, see which one gives you the most for your dollar, one has more than all the others out of the box features, you decide.
The only maxx worth buying in my 'opinion' is the ''waterproof'' E-Maxx. Brushless set it, theres a truck that will pwn most nitro trucks if not all.
All these trucks average at 500 dollars , retail can be higher and some places cheaper, but there competitively priced still.
The E-Maxx averages at 350 but comes without the brushless set up, another 400 odd bucks.

If pure speed is your thing, E-Maxx will own all of the above, brushless....silent to so the people next door wont even know your driving up the street or on there driveway !@!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
beer=food
Banned

see that neat trick, double posted, does that make me twice as special or what ? !!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Hordsak

LOL, if you buy a T-MAXX be prepared for this to happen every single day you drive it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kwn3VACgI

Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 PM
whipnet

Day 1 - in a drag race the T-maxx will be faster. Day 2 - the Savage will be faster because the T-maxx will be broken.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 PM
racer man05

i watched my friend drive his tmaxx into a tree near our local track. bye bye front end. it pretty much blew apart. now i have taken my savage into a few trees not to mention the few times i have done it id mid air. they only thing i have broken so far in my savvy is a rear dog bone and like 2 spurs. very durable! plus with a well tuned k4.6 and 3 speed (top that traxxas!) its fast enough for a MT and it flies well too. 0.o