Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Receiver battery switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
1fastredsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver battery switch

I just realized after ordering my savage x ss and all the stuff i need that i did not get a switch for the receiver battery. I'm wondering if i can just go to radio shack and solder up my own switch from them, this way i don't have to pay shipping on such a small item.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
mmduc

Default RE: Receiver battery switch

you dont have a local hobby shop? i would just buy a switch, as all the proper connectors are there. i think shipping on that is like $6. it may seem alot, but after all you wil have invested in your ss, its worth it. good luck with your new truck, your gonna love it.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
nothinbetr2do

you could do that if you can find all the right pieces, why not just get one from you lhs
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
1fastredsc

Well we have a "local" hobby shop in el paso, so that's like an hour drive each way. Sucks because i think my old futaba remote came with an extra servo and some parts (possibly the switch) but i can't find the box. Oh well, i'll figure something out, going to go out to the garage and build some shocks, truck is starting to come together .
Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM
1fastredsc

Well i decided what the hell, i needed the switch, some fuel, and a glow plug wrench anyway so i took the trip. Really nice place i must say, had a huge selection too. So when i got back i hooked up the switch, closed the electronics compartment on the truck and fired her up. I need to run another tank through for break in before i can start tuning the carb but so far i'm happy. Biggest surprise so far is how loud this thing is, for such a small engine i didn't think it would be as loud as my old dirt bikes but sure enough it is. Maybe tomorrow i'll take it out to an open field to mess with it instead of terrorizing my dogs