Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

fuels

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 PM
jamiet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuels

hi just wonderd what would be the best make and percent of fuel to run my savage 4.6 on i was on 20% cool power

thanks jamie
Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Sparco

Default RE: fuels

just about any good brand name fuel will work, but if your using power i'd just stick with it, and anything from 20-30% nitro will work, try not to change it though.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: maritimeracing

hi just wonderd what would be the best make and percent of fuel to run my savage 4.6 on i was on 20% cool power

thanks jamie
Byron's Gen2 and O'Donnel's are considered the best. 20 to 30% are good depending on your preference. You *can* switch percentages, but it's no suggested to do that. You can though and be fine after a re-tune. Go back to stock levels and re-tuned the needles.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
jamiet2

ok thanks alot i will go down my lhs and see what they got i was thinking around 20% i cant get the same fuel besuse the shop i got it from has closed down if i change brand would it be leaner or richer as i was running it quite rich just to be on the safe side
Old 05-14-2008, 04:18 PM
OleHenrik90

How about Tornado Fuel... anyone know anything about it?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
nothinbetr2do

i use trinity platinum 30%(pink stuff) with great results
Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
BudBud

Another Trinity customer here.... lots of 30 and 35 percent. I run 35 in my Thunder Tiger 70 engines. The Piccos seem to like it too. BB
Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM
jamiet2

ok thanks for advice so if i change % would i have to change nedal settings ?
but if i only change brand of fuel i wouldnt have to ?

thanks jamie
Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM
SportsFans

30% Bluethunder Race Formula here
Old 05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
SavageXF4.1

20% hpi-racing power fuel. This stuff anygood? or is it crap? i've never tried anything else and just wondering.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Don't know but I will say that O'Donnell's and Byrons are the best and most widely distributed in the hobby. I've tried a few, and Byrons is definitely my top pick without any doubts.. I've heard great things about Nitrotane/Rocket Science/Maxy's/Wildcat/Trinity, but none of them are available in my area. And since I get any fuel here for $20, why should I switch Remember when picking fuels, always pick the RACE version.. Never pick the RTR or Sport versions because they are loaded with oil. Stay away from Traxxas fuel, waay too much oil. Most others are fine to run, pick your percent and run it. I've run 20% since I started almost 5 years ago, just pick what you want
Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

^^ Don't know but I will say that O'Donnell's and Byrons are the best and most widely distributed in the hobby. I've tried a few, and Byrons is definitely my top pick without any doubts.. I've heard great things about Nitrotane/Rocket Science/Maxy's/Wildcat/Trinity, but none of them are available in my area. And since I get any fuel here for $20, why should I switch Remember when picking fuels, always pick the RACE version.. Never pick the RTR or Sport versions because they are loaded with oil. Stay away from Traxxas fuel, waay too much oil. Most others are fine to run, pick your percent and run it. I've run 20% since I started almost 5 years ago, just pick what you want

holy (insert profered curse word here) you guys can get GALLONS for $20 damn i'm screwed up here, a gallon of traxxas top 20% goes for $35 and thats all my lhs has
Old 05-28-2008, 07:35 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks[&o]
Old 05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

Team Losi Nitrotane 20% is my cars drink of choice
Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 PM
BudBud

I guess I have been burning 52 dollars a gallon.... never looked at it that way before. Maybe I should try something else. I use [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNE15&P=7]Trinity 35 percent[/link] most of the time in my Piccos, 12 percent oil. It works super, but apparently costs me much more than I thought. [8D] BB
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
yoster

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

holy (insert profered curse word here) you guys can get GALLONS for $20 damn i'm screwed up here, a gallon of traxxas top 20% goes for $35 and thats all my lhs has

Byron and O'donnel gallons both go for 26-28 bucks here. But what's REALLY crazy, is the 15% powermaster fuel I run in my little Evader.. 15 bucks a gallon! It's not the most powerful stuff in the world, but it gives a consistent tune and is CHEAP!!