Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage xl bug?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:53 AM
motoxer52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage xl bug?

i have had my xl for little more than 2 weeks an have not got the chance to run it due to work and traveling across country in the race hauler(going to miller motorsports park from nc, for ama/fim and wera races) and while we where going down thw road i was screwing w/it and notice the front steering assembly was loose and was wondering if any one elses had this problem? also how much slop is aloud in the front cause my still moves about 1/4 before it turns the steering servo. i also thing it might need better servos because the steering looks weak and the throttle does not open all the way(i took the spring off and it help it termendously).

Thanks for the help
Old 05-24-2008, 12:59 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: savage xl bug?

Well first off what batteries are you running in the truck? Either your batteries are weak or your trims are not set right. The servos have more than enough to open the carb. I took my springs off anyways because they dont close teh carb enough to stop the truck anyways in case of power loss.

Most all my trucks have slop in the steering even my truggy that I race.I have several trucks and none of them have little to no slop. Thats just the way it is.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:30 PM
motoxer52

its stock i and has the battery that came with it. i just thought i was a little weird having that much slop since none of my other cars have that much(rc10gt,revo 3.3,xxxnt,gs storm) but i guess when ur looking at something for 2 days and 1500 miles u start to pick things out that. the point was the bolts holding the steering linkage and rods where loose on it and after i fixed it thats how much slop there was.before i fixed it it had lke a 3/8-1/2 of slop. but im siked about breaking it in and tearing some stuff up w/it!!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
mmduc

savge xl owner here, mine has a lil slop, seems fine, also, i used to rad road race bikes, and i know the fim is coming to miller, can you say gooooo ducati! i know they only run ducs in fx, its a shame, but i love my duc! have fun at the races, im planning on going to indy in sept. for the moto gp race !