Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Half tank lean

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 AM
bigwaltc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Half tank lean

Come on guys when the tank level gets to the step fill the tank back up you only have a few more min's of run time after the step any way Damn [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 AM
nitro-rob

I agree but this forum is full of curious minds and techie people who want to work out every detail. Especially if a wad of cash is spent on a truck to customize it and do it up - why not take care of half tank lean if you are going through all the effort everywhere else.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:41 AM
kurtf5

On another forum someone said installing an inline fuel filter fixes half tank lean. As it stops the pressure going back or something
Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 AM
martin34

Just read though this thread and i am going to give it a go on my xl.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Savian

Will try on my 4.6 and see how it runs.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 PM
stadiumforce

Hello ,

I have tried this Mod on my New Savage X 4.6 RTR but noticed no difference with the Half tank Lean issue...
I have the fuel tube running in frond of the engine and 5" and the exhaust line 13" ... I have to admit that this half tank lean is a major pain!

Please for you advice !!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
nitro-rob

I think fuel line lengthening is a ridiculous idea. You lose pressure this way over any other theoretical benefits.
I bought some ofna primer fuel filters to try out on my savage and CEN 7.7. They have a one way check valve. You put the filter between the exhaust and tank. It allows the tank to be pressurized and not lose pressure backwards through the pressure line. In theory it makes the fuel pressure in the tank more constant.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:27 AM
4130ForMe

Default Me too

Im not even sure this thread is still alive. I recently took my older Savage 4.6 out of 10+ years of storage. After tearing down the engine and carb, I finally got her to run. Problem is.... the Half Tank Lean monster was biting me BAD. It was so bad I didn’t enjoy driving my truck any more. After much MUCH searching I found this thread and decided the shorter lines made the most sense. So yesterday I shortened the fuel line from 11.5 inches to 6.5 inches, I shortened the pressure line by 3 inches and I also rerouted the lines. I also noticed that when I primed the engine by covering the exhaust, the fuel was moving through the line slower than I thought was sufficient. I removed the muffler and cleared out the small hole with a pick (I may have enlarged it by a very small fraction). I just finished my third tank of the day and COULD NOT be happier. Once I get a thermometer I’ll check the temps. But as of right now, shes purring purrrfectly.