Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Clutch shoes

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch shoes

After bashing today I think I need new clutch shoes. How can you tell when they have went bad. I will be tearing apart and looking but was wondering should you be able to tell when running? I was running great the first tank but then on the second it would cut out. It would start right back but the run and cut out. Like every time I let off the gas it would just die or start to putter... I cant seem to find an air leak and my tune seems to have plunty of smoke. Actually I think it may be on the lean side.
Also need help on clutch shoes. I looked on ebay and there is a ton. What do I need and want to get. Thanks guys for any info and if you have a link that would really help..
Old 07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
MTboy

Default RE: Clutch shoes

After taking a look at my truck I noticed that the little think that the throttle and brake connect to was loose... The screw is backing out on me and I cant seem to get it to stay put. Anyone know what it is called and where to find a new one.. I would like to upgrade this so it would be nice if you had a link..
Old 07-19-2008, 06:21 PM
MaRtInHAHAH

[link=http://www.rcunderground.nl/?pagina=174&menu=398&GID=1]this mod shuld do the trick[/link]
Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 PM
MTboy

Thanks for the link.. I would like to find all the stuff I need to do that mod on tower if you know what I will need. But what is backing out on me is the throttle mix arm screw..
Has anyone used this one?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTTH1&P=7