Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Dynamite 053 on X

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
MikeVi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamite 053 on X

So I just went out and got the Dynamite 053 Pipe. The bend to connect to the engine is a left side model. Is that how they all are? If not, how did you connect the 053 to the stock bend?
Old 07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
one-syk

Default RE: Dynamite 053 on X

the header?

cant you just flip it around?

you need to be clear in your question...
Old 07-23-2008, 05:41 PM
MikeVi

No, its right side only cause of the fuel tank and all.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 PM
one-syk

ask your question again, but this time...ask it so people understand what your asking.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
BudBud

He has purchased a Dynamite 053 pipe which requires the spring style coupler. His problem now is that the original header is a silicone hose clamp coupler. He needs a header with the Savage bend for the shock tower. Most of the header are for buggies or truggies and have a gentle curved profile. I bought the TSais header from RCHUB.com and it works super. On the Truckzilla chassis, the top one in the photo or on the other extended chassis trucks, you can run a buggy header, see the gentle bend in the pipe? On the X or standard length 21-25-X-XSS, you have to use the lower style pipe. BB

Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
BudBud

There is a better view, you can see the pipe-shock problem. You can also see the fuel nipple on the Dynamite pipe lays up against the chassis plate instead of trying to poke its way inside the plate. The problem with most of the tuned pipes is that they are designed to be left side exhaust. Stinger sticking straight out the side and the fuel nipple straight out the top. Turn it 90 degrees so the exhaust is pointing down and the fuel nipple points straight out the outside. But when you roll it 180 degrees for the exhaust to stick out the right side, the fuel nipple is now straight down, not a good plan. Turn the exhaust so it blows straight down and the fuel nipple is in the frame. I fought this for quite some time before Go-to posted the Dynamite information for me. This particular pipe is an 086, but the problem is the same. The Dynamite pipes have a wider angle between the exhaust and the fuel, just enough to get you by pointing the exhaust down. BB