Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Pipe for Picco .28

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe for Picco .28

Hey, i got all my picco problems worked out. Idled a whole tank today and ran slow for another. Pull start is holding up. I ended up needing a new clutch too, thats where most of my running problems came from. Got it all sorted out.

Thanks

Anyway, i am wondering what is the best pipe for the .28 picco? I love low and mid range power. Thanks
Main reason for posting is i heard the 086, But 086 on one site is a dynamite, and on tower its a ofna :/
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe for Picco .28

On an extended chassis or XL chassis you want the Ofna 086. On a standard chassis you need the Dynamite. They both perform about the same and are both high end pipes. You will lose a little low end power, but you will soon be tired of setting your truck back up on its wheels anyway. The main difference is in the fuel nipple angle. The Ofna is at 90 degrees, the Dynamite is at about 135 degrees, maybe a little less. These pipes were designed for buggy use and left side exhaust, normally sticking straight out the side. The fuel nipple would be up. If we flip the pipe over to the other side and stick the exhaust stinger out, the fuel nipple is now down. Point the stinger down and the nipple is in the chassis plates. With the Dynamite, there is enough of an angle for the nipple to lay along the chassis plate, on the curve of the pipe. With the Ofna pipe on a standard chassis, I kept cutting the fuel charge line on the chassis plate. If you want a little less top end and lots of wheelie power, the 053 works great. I prefer the 086 as the Picco is very strong on the low end. Bud

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDPpRdj_Vg]Picco P3 on 086 pipe...[/link] if you want to hear one wailing....