Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

K4.6 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K4.6 help

I was sealing up my k4.6 today and noticed a lot of gunk and reding buldup and wanted to clean it out and check for rust and such, but i couldn't get the con-rod off and i havn't a clue how nor the carb i'm sure it's really easy but the instructions just tell you what the guts look like and where stuff goes not how to get it thier and such so any help would be great,

the lug
Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: K4.6 help

AnyBody at all

the lug
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
02R6420

First pull the cooling head off, then pull the sleeve out of the top of the motor (you may need to put a zip tie in the exhaust port and spin the motor over to push the sleeve out). Remove the pull start or roto-start, remove the back plate (be carefull not to lose the little spring and pin that goes into you crank). Then just pull the con rod off the crank and push/pull the piston and con-rod out the top of the motor.
Peace.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:32 AM
BudBud

I just take the carb off, glow plug out, pull starter off and toss the whole works in a small container full of nitro fuel with a lid and let it soak for a few days. Walk by once or twice a day and shake it up really good. It normally dissolves everything inside and you can clean it with compressed air and/or Q-tips.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
02R6420

Oh yea I forgot the carb. There should be an allen head bolt on one side of the motor near the carb, remove this bolt and the carb just slides out.
Peace.