Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How to wash/oil air filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 PM
eivgro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wash/oil air filter

Hi, have washed 2 sets of air filter elements with water and dish soap. Dried them, and have now oiled them. I used about half of the bottle with hpi air filter oil, is this normal amount for 2 inner foams? I didnt believe it took that much, its almost cheaper to buy new foams. Did I use to much oil, are there better oils or are the method using fuel for cleaning better than water/soap?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32896.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1097579  
Old 12-27-2008, 06:57 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: How to wash/oil air filter

[X(] Half a bottle on 2 foams? You should just zig-zag the thing with a light coat of oil, put it in a plastic baggy, and squish it around in there. Your method of washing it is fine, but you could also you nitro fuel for a more thorough cleansing, but it can eat through the filter with time.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 PM
eivgro

Hmm, got it a bit wrong then. Theyre kind of soaked with oil, not so much that they drip if i squeese them though. How many foams should I be able to oil with that bottle? Anyone got a link to a good vid showing the oiling? Watched 2 from youtube last night, but they didnt show amount of oil.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: eivgro

Hmm, got it a bit wrong then. Theyre kind of soaked with oil, not so much that they drip if i squeese them though. How many foams should I be able to oil with that bottle? Anyone got a link to a good vid showing the oiling? Watched 2 from youtube last night, but they didnt show amount of oil.
i do just a little bit probally a cap full of that HPI stuff infact i was reading the MT@ g3.0 manual today (i wanted to see how it was laidout...) and thats how much they said you should use to oil the filter, my filiters are usually very light blue and i don't try to get it super even just enought to be sure that they're well coated...

the lug
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 AM
naynay12

Yeh your filters do look alot bluer then mine!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Matt (12 year old rc fanatic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwHvMWKr-_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8iB8n2X_X0
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 AM
eivgro

Thanks for links and tips. I looked it up in the XL manual, and it also says one cap of oil, so should have read it in the first place....