Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage Youtubers

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Savage Youtubers

Hey all you guys posting vids on youtube, has anyone every gotten this before?

Dear NitroHeadZ28,

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video Savage Hill Climbing/Driving. The audio content identified in your video is Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

Replace Your Audio with AudioSwap

Don't worry, we have plenty of music available for your use. Please visit our AudioSwap library to learn how you can easily replace the audio in your video with any track from our growing library of fully licensed songs.

Other Options

If you think there's been a mistake, or you have other questions, please visit the Copyright Notice page in your account.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Content Identification Team

lol this vid has been up for 2 years already, I dunno if I'm gonna change the audio; my pc was just formatted and I pretty much don't have most of the junk I used to... Argh!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
black mamba

Default RE: Savage Youtubers

No, but I don't use music in my videos though.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 PM
5AVAG3
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah mate.....Do what I did, use music from IMMORTAL TECHNIQUES, as it is not copyrighted like major labels.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
rcnitrohead

lol, this is so gee aaa why.... Its been up for so long, who the hell does this for a living?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

That's too bad. Kind of short sighted, what I mean is; how many time do you watch a video and in the comments sections someone asks "Hey what song is that!??" I mean its free publicity! It's not like you can donwload the .mp3, can you?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Janezki

Yes, had that same happen to one of my videos (the only one with music actually) just last week. Seems like they're watching those rights quite closely now for some reason.
I do understand copyrights, but I think they should loosen up a bit. Like we're getting any profit from those clips, duh.
As roccos_van said, it's more like an advertisement and free publicity for the copyright holder.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
rcnitrohead

Ah well, I guess we need to start using some nitro only music
Old 01-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Van Pelt

Same thing happened to one of our Savage vids. It had over 114,000 views and has been up for almost 2 years. Just recently it was pulled due to copyright claim. I guess it was the music.... What a shame.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:26 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: roccos_van

That's too bad. Kind of short sighted, what I mean is; how many time do you watch a video and in the comments sections someone asks "Hey what song is that!??" I mean its free publicity! It's not like you can donwload the .mp3, can you?
The RCCA cares, as do the individual artists that made the music. Unless you are an artist of some sort, or in this case, a musician, you wouldn't understand. Even if "free" publicity is being given. Copyright infringment is no joke. Basically what the guy above got was a cease and desist. Ignore that, and being sued will surely follow.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
KID_EVIL!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had that happen to. You should be able to put in new music to your vid through youtube. They give you a bunch of choices of non copyright music. That's what I did. Yeah it's stupid that they pull them though. I made a mention of the band and song in the credits as well. Ahhhhhh the internet what a wonderful tool [:'(]
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
burnchassis3

A savage video is best viewed with the sound of the engine being heard.
Unless your trying to cover up something you dont want others to hear.
CS
Old 01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: KID_EVIL!

I had that happen to. You should be able to put in new music to your vid through youtube. They give you a bunch of choices of non copyright music. That's what I did. Yeah it's stupid that they pull them though. I made a mention of the band and song in the credits as well. Ahhhhhh the internet what a wonderful tool [:'(]
Youtube (very likely) got a cease and desist to pull the copyrighted music being used illegally and then stuff rolled downhill to the members using the music. I don't blame Youtube........nobody likes being sued and in youtube's case, that could've costs millions of dollars.[8D]
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: burnchassis3

A savage video is best viewed with the sound of the engine being heard.
Unless your trying to cover up something you dont want others to hear.
CS
+10000.................when I watch a video, I want to hear whatever is being shot, not some dudes' favorite song.[8D]
Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 PM
rcnitrohead

I actually did cover something up, but that wasn't the main purpose of the music. I like to have a 60/40 (nitro/music) blend in my vids, but I guess I'll be going all nitro for my next vid.

Tom.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 PM
brian_gadgetman

Yea, I've lost several vids this way. Likely will loose more as all my vids are more like music videos. Been doing it for yrs. Done right the music adds to the vid IMO.

The old rule of thumb seemed as long as it wasn't marketing anything they'd look the other way. Why not use their songs in your personal vids? You bought their CD,paid for that song. I agree it's getting carried away. Half the vids on youtube are infringing on somebody. They're the ones making money from it,there lies the problem. Time to get my own server again. Bet I'll never hear a word about it,never did before. Nobody really cares if your using their song in a homemade RC vid. LOL

Make millions (like youtube) off of your old songs that aren't selling anymore. Yea, that might tic me off too.