Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What did you do to your Savage today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:08 AM
93dabeast
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your Savage today?

ordered front, rear and center cvds and some 7" diameter wheel and tire package from hot bodies. (well ordered last week lol but should be here today) installed a new trans in it and also installed new front and rear dif bevel gears as well as a metal dif housing up front. hoping to have it out by tomorrow afternoon!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
gonggongboy

Contacted Kershawdeisgns about doing a Savage 5t conversion like TCS one but with a new littlescreamers 63mm motor... [>:] still waiting for reply since there out vacation
Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

put in a pull start and set the end points on the radio I put in it to get ready for running season
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM
sharkattack99

well i got to drive mine in the dirt today till i stripped 2 servo horns broke the left HD Mega Travel Drive i got from hot bodys garage sale ( pieces of junk would have been more POed if i paid the 60.00 they normally are, lol) and i beleive i damaged my front diff as well. all and all a good day, till it broke, lol
Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
love gun

today i put a modified picco .28 in my savage and mated it with a pipe from extreme mods.I am hoping the weather is a little nicer tomorrow so i can tune it.....[8D]
Old 03-19-2010, 08:20 PM
xBiGxPx
My Feedback: (-1)

Whent and bought a new roto starter, came home and bashed a lil.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
inf3rn0gt

I mounted my ESC and started remounting a battery tray on my savage x conversion to the Kershaw Designs dual 700ho kit....I dont get the time to run as much so with it being electric, I can run at work at lunchtime and in the yard without pissing anyone off...
Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM
head_hunter

Got rid of all the purple on my truck and painted the rails and all purple parts with a blue anodized style paint called X METALS
Old 03-20-2010, 04:59 PM
nhraguy

Me and my brother got 3 more tanks of fuel through the motors. That makes 10 tanks on each XL now. We both pulled our first wheelies and enjoyed the heck out of it.
Go XL's!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:21 AM
love gun

Today i took my savage x out with the modded picco and robins pipe and ran a few tanks thru. All i can say is wow i had a grin from ear to ear as i drove it around the ball park.This thing is insane.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:32 PM
llkoolskillet

So i finally realized why aluminum parts are crap. I broke 2 xl axles, had to put the stock a arms back on, broke the rear upright twice jumping it. busted the front diff some how. Good thing i have all the spare parts! Still trying to start my modded picco in my X and i keep stripping the owb. Im getting so pissed with it. Preheating and loosing the gp didnt work! After all this stuff that breaks they still are so much fun.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
geepfreek

I broke out the 5 yr old savage 4.6 ss kit(the one based off the savy 25) thats been collecting dust and she fired right up like I put it away yesterday. Its prolly hasn't been run in 2 yrs
Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
fastlane01

Traded a Red Cat Rampage for a Savage x and enough cash to make it brushless
Old 03-24-2010, 01:43 AM
SAVAGEBANE

somehow threw my tuning out of wack on the picco .28. It was nice outside high 70s. the carb began to stick open and at the time i thought it was a lean condition. i started messing with needles hsn/lsn and then realized the slide was getting hung up. after cooling, i set needles to flush and couldnt do much more bcuz i ran out of dyalight.I really wanna try a race or 2 this summer but i can imagine my current tuning skills allowing me to run full length race. I gotsta get better.
another thing, i managed to blow an O.S. #8 glow plug after 30 seconds of running it ??????it was brand new. i am confused, it wasnt running lean...what the heck happened?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Shortened my fuel lines and flipped my nipple to help with the half tank lean deal. Ran it for awhile, and at just under half tank...it died on me. Im assuming this is the half tank problem with the savage? Anywho, I messed with the needles a bit, and the idle...got it back runnin although it was kind of a ***** to get it turned over again...maybe it was hot...not sure. Bashed the hell out of it for 20 more minutes till I lost a wheel nut...off goes the wheel.

Did notice that after my modification with the fuel lines.....when Iblow into the exhaust line to prime engine, it sounds like theres a leak somewhere...i think...before with the lines longer, when I blew it was real tight...kinda like blowin into a plugged straw...now its like the straw has a small hole in it....fuel still primes and still ran well...just curious if this is normal.

Will take it to a buddys tonight and play more with it...all in all a good time
Old 04-03-2010, 10:00 PM
grumpygramps

Today I stripped down one of the 2 XLs I've recently bought, given it a good clean and about to put an Innovative R/C LST shock conversion kit on with threaded alloy LST shocks/Ti shafts, Fastlane chassis plates/engine plate/bottom plate, alloy shock towers, HPI Alloy suspension conversion set, Axial beadlock 40 series wheels and Bowties... Sure there's more but I've just got back from the pub and things are a little hazey! Pics will arrive soon!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i looked at it and wished i could run in this great weather, but sadly i can't the other day i installed the HB CVD's i still gotta do teh centers....

the lug
Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
grumpygramps

Hmm... Today I've found that the FLM engine plate I was going to put in my new build has a crack in it where the engine mounts had been over tightened, so ordered a new one from Innovative-RC:- http://www.innovative-rc.com/engine-...vps-p-279.html. Not as light but will be much stronger.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
head_hunter

Ran down then over that damn easter bunny
Old 04-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Thinking I have an air leak after rotating my nipple and shortening the fuel lines.  Was a ***** to get tuned, and even after I had it tuned it would bog and sometimes die from idle.  Once i get the wheels moving, everything is good, but from a dead stop I have to finger the throttle a little to get her goin before she starts screamin.......screwed with the neeldes forever it seemed, but always had a hard time from the stop.  Sound like an air leak?

Other than that, installed my center skid plate...and disgustingly failed at installing the ofna throttle mod......could not get the throttle threaded bar bent in the right shape, and i think i bent it too much because when i tried it, the rod just flexed with the pressure from the servo.  Im back to stock throttle linkage

Old 04-11-2010, 05:03 PM
nhraguy

My brother and I have got 20 tanks through our XL's now and really no problems so far. Probably because of all the info available in forums like this. I lost mine for the second time while doing a high speed run and it tumbled end over end about six times, landed on it's wheels, I gassed
it, brought it over for a quick look, and said WOW!!! It was good to go.
These savage's are BAD!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Bayer-Z28

No idea how it happened..

Was toolin around in the yard hitting a small plywood jump and all of a sudden it didn't want t move. LF Axle came out of the hub, bent and cracked the knuckle in three places. Had a 1/2 tank thru it yesterday.  The tune has been spot on.  It idles now.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM
BudBud

It was not my Savage, well it was my Savage, but it is not my Savage anymore, except when my son breaks it. He finished college and brought the XL by for a little check up. Put new clutch shoes and springs on, new clutch bearings, a fresh exhaust gasket on the Supertib modded P3 and he is ready to rip up some more dirt. I started it and did some burnouts on the tailgate of my truck. The old modded Picco is still a strong one. 8^) Sometimes I wish I had not given it away, but my son has really enjoyed having the truck to try to catch at college. Glen
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: wingedwheel-0420

i took mine to the top of the stair case and kicked it down for gits n shiggles.
HAHAHAHA, should bring it in for scrap.... It would be worth more. LOL

Old 06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Finally finished painting the body for the parts-truck Savage. Truck should be rockin 'n' rollin by the end of the week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.