Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Exhaust Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
MikeVi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Gasket

I need help with a problem I'm having on my Savage X. I got a Dynamite 053 pipe and I had a bit of trouble installing it. The bend it came with didnt fit so we adjust the original to work with the dyna. Well, I saw a major leak in it today so I took off the bend and found the gasket was twisted and torn. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this maybe or can recommend a good gasket?

I'm looking through this page trying to see which would be best...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_23_73

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
jsflagstad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Gasket

I really don't have a preference on brand, although I think I am running an OS Max gasket right now. I had the same isseue though, every time I'd take the pipe off it would tear the gasket. Now here is what I do: I trim the gasket back 1/16-1/8" on the mall diameter and put a light coating of anti-seize compound on it. I have been running this gasket for over a year now and multiple pipe removals without an issue.

JSF