Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Always lock your car

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Skiddz666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Always lock your car

Just a quick reminder, always lock your car when you have you RC's in the back. I took my son who just got a Losi High Roller for his 6th birthday, to a local soccer field Yesterday. I had my XL with me as well. The day was going great and we had lots of fun. After we had our fill of RC'ing for the day we took them back to the car. I still had my extra fuel and toolbox sitting on the picnic table, so we went back to get them. (just down a little path and hill) we were maybe 2 minutes and came back and found out our RC's were gone. My son was devastated, so always make sure you lock your car, even if you leave your car for a minute or two. I learned the hard way.[&o]
Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
BudBud

Default RE: Always lock your car

That really bites.... I ran a RC10GT under a fence at the fairgrounds and flipped it over. By the time I got over there, some kid was riding off with it on his bicycle. By the time I got back to my car, he was gone! I feel your pain! Your loss was much more than mine! Glen
Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie feels your pain.

His FreeMaxx got stolen out of his front seat of his last T-bird (but go figure, his 1/8 buggy was in the back seat untouched?)
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
01s0uljah

Ouch.. Thats absolutely ridiculous. Those arses that took them probably don't even know how to use them...

If I ever saw someone take my RC, i'd kick them in the face
Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM
transam388

Why can't people just do the classic bible phrase of do unto others as you would have done unto you? Sorry to hear about these accounts for all of you!! Hang in there though and another as they say "What does not kill you makes you stronger....and more untrusting of strangers"!

Again, sorry to all of you!!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 PM
01s0uljah

ORIGINAL: transam388

Why can't people just do the classic bible phrase of do unto others as you would have done unto you? Sorry to hear about these accounts for all of you!! Hang in there though and another as they say "What does not kill you makes you stronger....and more untrusting of strangers"!

That was actually from Immanuel Kant "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Sorry, I was studying for a philosophy exam and I had to correct it.

Come to think of it, I have left my rcs around while running to the car to grab something..
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

That sucks man. Hopefully you can get them replaced soon, but it is rediculous that people have to do things like that. Keep an eye on ebay and the craigslist in your area. I just dont know how someone can feel right doing that.

Eric
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
steed2-inactive

I t would be nice to find out who took them so you could burn their house to the ground!..Man i !@@#$# hate theive's
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
01s0uljah

Dont kick yourself over it, It already happened.. More reasons to buy a new truck!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Parputt537

Nothing worse than a thief. Notify your LHS and pawn shops. I have seen a few people get lucky when the little turds tried to sell them locally.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Skiddz666

Its not so much that I lost my Xl, sure that sucks, but its more that my 6 year old son just lost his brand new truck. He just got it the day before for his 6th birthday. He was so happy that he could now go 'race with daddy' instead of just watch. Now hes just asks me 'why do people steal.' It really broke his heart, which is what id like to do to the degenerates that took his truck.[>:]
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
steed2-inactive

hey smart thinkin! that a really good idea
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Parputt537

Nothing worse than a thief. Notify your LHS and pawn shops. I have seen a few people get lucky when the little turds tried to sell them locally.
Perfect!!!!!!!! Get the word out to as many RCer's that you know and ALL local Hobby Shops. It might pay to go to the nearest towns too. . . . . say maybe 30 mile radius. Look on the internet for all the hobby shops. It can't hurt to be very thorough. Then pray at night for their safe return. Have faith. In the RC world we are all in this together. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a painful reminder!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
CrysisFX

i was driving a firestorm on a bmx track and a kid on his bike was flying down a hill and leaned over and snatched it off the ground. how he managed to do so without falling amazed me. anyway as he picked it up i revved the engine super high and i don't think he knew it was nitro powered cuz it scared the kid off his bike and he dropped it. of course then he picked up his bike and rode away asap
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: 01s0uljah

ORIGINAL: transam388

That was actually from Immanuel Kant "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
ThunderbirdJunkie is of the "If somebody steals your RC car, find out who it is and where they live and pee in their cheerios" school of thought