Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

X, XL,and FLUX Parts Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X, XL,and FLUX Parts Comparison

I ran across this thread in another forum. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.Its not my info but usefull maybe someone can edit it and make a sticky or another thread. Thanks. Give it a Look.

http://e-savage.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4638
Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: X, XL,and FLUX Parts Comparison

That's the beauty of Savages....lots of parts interchangeablility.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
hghflyrjd1

Yea I already have the flux diff gears and I'm looking to upgrade my X cups to the flux SUPER heavy duty ones.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:12 PM
01s0uljah

Wicked site.. I'll bookmark it if it doesn't get stickied!

thanks!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

short history about that site, it use to be the first ever site for the orig e-zilla, then when hpi took the name it turned into the e-savage forums, then after a long period hpi took it over and made it an official hpi forum for the e-savage.

So i doubt it will get stickied but one of if not the best E-Savage forums.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
rcnitrohead

Wow, veru useful thread- I hope it gets stickied. It should save a lot of the XL interchangeability questions.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

its not sticky worthy, for one its a link to another forum which is in the rcu rules of things not allowed, and its not content posted on rcu, if he comes and makes the same thread here then it would be able to apply for stick worthy.

if anything a thread that had mega hpi links, like links to the latest bb video, how to brake in the motor, etc...

all in relation to hpi, kinda a thread to look for on a go to guid, for example, wondering where you saw that how to thread look in this mega link thread under how to threads and wamo there it is, it would clean up a lot posts two cause people could go to that read up on things and help them out instead of asking the same Q multiple times a day in a different format but none the less same question.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
rcnitrohead

If I had seen this 4 days ao, I would have just bought XL bones and stub axles and had the extra width, instead I just bought X 4.6 stub axles, I guess you live and learn...
Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
hghflyrjd1

Well, like I said it not my info BUT I KNEW it would be well used info none the less. It would be nice to see it here for others to easily get to. Someone should edit it somehow so we can use it and still give the credit to the hommie that wrote it up. Just a thought. But I am gonna convert my drive train to flux status
Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
01s0uljah

Its a great reference either regardless of where its coming from.. Helps out alot of the Pre-XL users here that want to upgrade or purchase replacement parts..

If its against rules, so be it.. Bookmark it for yourself.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Just keep bumping
Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
rumotech

Are any of the flux diffs stronger than stock XL diffs?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 PM
hghflyrjd1

Yes the flux pinion and ring gears are SUPER heavy duty as well as all the cups and axle dogbones but I'm sure u would need the cups to fit the dogbones
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM
rumotech

Going to be replacing the gears in my XL and eventually the cups and bones. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
hghflyrjd1

Yes I have my X pinnion and ring gear upgraded to flux gears looking to do the cups and dogbones soon. Have u had issues with the XLs diff gears breaking or anything just to get an idea how strong they are. I'm sure the XL gears are a lot stronger then the X gears since they are machined
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 PM
carldav

Good Day,

I've been out of the Savage Realm for 2 years already since I sold my Savage X SS.

I plan to buy the Savage Flux this year but I still wanted to make use of the Nitro engine on occasion. Is there a way for me to bolt a Nitro Engine using the default Savage Flux Chassis or there are several parts that needs to be purchased.

I checked the link [link=http://e-savage.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4638]X, XL,and FLUX Parts Comparison[/link] and it was very helpful but I just need to know Flux Chassis' compatibility for Nitro Engines.

Thanks
Carl
Old 09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
mousecritter
My Feedback: (3)

It's probably harder to take the electric to nitro route than the nitro to electric. The Flux has a lot of different parts. The most important part is the center gearbox. I don't think the Flux center box is set up for a braking system. I would also imagine mounting the fuel tank would be awkward because the nitro X has part of the chassis cut out for the tank. Those are the two main issues that I've noticed.

I currently own a Savage X SS and I've been tinkering with the idea of installing an electric system. Like I mentioned earlier, it's easier to take the nitro to electric route. All I need is a motor mount and battery trays.

There are two ways I can convert to electric. The least costly and invasive route would be to purchase Kyosho Twin Force battery trays and a Kersaw Designs motor mount. I don't have to heavily alter my X, which allows me to easily revert to my nitro powerplant.

The more costly and invasive route would be to purchase the Flux chassis plates, battery boxes, and motor mount.

If money isn't an issue, I would just buy the Flux and a nitro MT.