Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI 4.6f engine replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI 4.6f engine replacement

So guys I'm haveing a problewm with my 4.6 motor cause it always gets to hot to rn it and I can't find any air leaks. So I'm sending it in to them. What are the odds they send me anew one?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HPI 4.6f engine replacement

i'm sure there is a reason your motor runs hot and it is likely a factory defect if you truely ruled everything else out. if that is the case, they should replace it. HPI has never let me down and there CS is pretty good.

CS = customer service
Old 05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
hghflyrjd1

Yea I checked the exause gasket changed back to the stock air filter I KNOW for sure the needles are not anywhere near lean and with it still in the truck I can't see any.cracks in the case. And the motor is like 5 months old with like a gallon throughit. I haven't ssmashed the truck up at all to cause any cracks so I'm droping in my new axial 28rr in tonight and then sending out the 4.6 and hope they just replace it or at least rebuild it
Old 05-19-2009, 08:04 AM
hghflyrjd1

Ok droped in the axial 28rr and looked over the 4.6. No cracks anywhere. Checked the carb boot. Checked to see if the carb was loose nothing. So I'm gonna send it out in a lil bit and wait to see what happens and I'm gonna break in the axial this afternoon