Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

todays outing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default todays outing

well, earl and i got together again for a little bash and of course the carnage was on. seems like when he and i get together the parts start to fly[X(]. when i go out i always try to find a lhs just in case he or i dont bring something we might accidently need.
there was a hobby town less than 10 min away. well we needed to go and ive heard alot about hobby town here and other places and i agree i dont like the place. on my first tank i went hammer down and had a couple of flops. i refueled and thought i spilled. as i started to run again the plant started to go haywire. turns out i smashed the fuel tank. (what we went to shop for) i picked up a tank for a .21 i dont really care for it, but its all the had. when i put the tank on i noticed i cracked a rpm lower a-arm. ill let you all know how good dealing with there warranty goes. sorry if this is a little long. hopefully ill get my new mods done soon and get a test in to report soon.....( ofna linkage, diff locker, new body, and maybe a new tank that ill like)....
Old 07-11-2009, 04:51 AM

Default RE: todays outing

Can you give us an account of how Earl broke off the brass fuel inlet for his carburetor? No video.... bummer.... [] Glen
Old 07-11-2009, 02:00 PM

yeah its a bummer he forgot the camera. it was a rough site lots of tumbles. the fitting he broke looked like plastic not brass on that one, so that would maake it a little easier to break but still a tuff one. i hope he replaces it with a brass one. it seemed like either he or i was on our lid. i think the no body flops probably didnt help....
Old 07-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Yeah he was looking down discovering that he broke his tank and I went for a flop on my lidless top. I think it got tuged or something. There was some seepage from the HSN housing as well. I was not aware that is would die like that.

At first it all seemed good, like I stated before, I was getting one start pulls and then it just would not start anymore and no matter how I triedit stopped starting.

Just another issue to get it started! I will try an f motor carb and see how that goes!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:06 PM

earl you can get that fitting to replace it if you want to go that route....
Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 PM

I think it is time to try something new and report my findings to the others. That way they can also get away with a better suited carb. Either the f motor carb or the mach carb that I have on my 27!