Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

OK, What Happened to the HPI Forums?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, What Happened to the HPI Forums?

I was looking and HPI no longer has a forum presence here in RCU. RCU took down their off-road and on-road forums, so the only HPI forum left is this one, HPI trucks!

Does anyone know why HPI is withdrawing its presence? Someone fill me in because I am totally under a rock on this one. I dont have the slightest clue why HPI packed up from here.

As a matter of fact, I am curious why Tamiya, Kyosho, Losi, Traxxas, Losi, AE, Mugen, etc. do not have an active presence in RCU since RCU is a huge RC site. By paying the advertising, which I assume is really reasonable, and also holding a support forum like it used to, can really expose itself more to the public.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 PM
rotzilla

Default RE: OK, What Happened to the HPI Forums?

the hpi forums been gone for a few weeks. really it didnt seem to get much use. it would go days or longer without a post. everybody seemed to just come here. hate to see any forum go though....
Old 07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
SAVAGEJIM

That is terrible. Moreover, I am surprised that HPI did not take a more active role in RCU such as purchasing banner and add spaces. One of the things HPI will need to do is bring in new fans; we the fans ourselves can only do so much.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
rotzilla

i agree, would be nice to have all the manufactures have an active role in our hobby period.....
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: rotzilla

i agree, would be nice to have all the manufactures have an active role in our hobby period.....
+1

I agree, part of it probably has to do with this economy, I was making a decent enough buck buying, rebuilding, and selling used RCs for a bit up until a couple months ago and it was helping pay for parts for the ones I keep, that has all but dried up and become a losing venture for now. usually unfortunately businesses start cutting costs in the support and advertising areas first. might be what happened here...
Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 AM
MadManAndrew

An RC company advertising on an RC Forum really makes no sense to me. If you think about the point of advertising and the point of the forum for awhile, you'll think the same.

edit: oh, and I already made a thread about this...You even posted in it, are you losing your mind or did you not realise the subject of that thread?

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8941992/tm.htm[/link]
Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 PM
sv250

I have spoken to Rodney at HPI. He told me that they are looking into doing more advertising in forums and less in magazines. He mentioned this site along ith savage-central.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
thzero

They do do a lot of advertising in mags...

ORIGINAL: sv250

I have spoken to Rodney at HPI. He told me that they are looking into doing more advertising in forums and less in magazines. He mentioned this site along ith savage-central.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: sv250

I hope that HPI does make a big presence here in RCU. RCU is a really large RC site, and the ground RC forums are growing everyday. The ads cannot be that expensive; I see tons of no-name RC vendors (even some questionable ones) who have banners and ads all over RCU. So, the cost of HPI buying RCU ads and banners is not an excuse.

HPI has some great stuff; and becoming a paying advertiser here in RCU is, I strongly feel, a big step in such an investment. Also, if HPI can actively approach RCU people and get some of the RCU reviewers to do more RC reviews, that will definitely get much more published exposure. That is what HPI seriously needs.