Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Weird Savage X problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
jshel-canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Savage X problem

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, and to the RC world. I recently bought a Savage X 4.6 truck, which I absolutely love. I decided to change to a racing clutchbell and steel spur gear. After I set my mesh. I started the truck to test it quick. The weird thing is that when I pulled the throttle on my radio, the truck didn't move. When I moved my throttle forward to the brake position, my truck moved forward. I have no idea what I did wrong. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I tried to search the forums but couldn't find anything related to this.
Thanks,
Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Weird Savage X problem

you may've hit the throttle reverse switch on your TX...

the lug
Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
jshel-canada

Would that cause this even if I don't have a reverse module in my Savage? Sorry for my ignorance, but like I said, I am a newbie to all of this.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
CR500rider

ORIGINAL: jshel-canada

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, and to the RC world. I recently bought a Savage X 4.6 truck, which I absolutely love. I decided to change to a racing clutchbell and steel spur gear. After I set my mesh. I started the truck to test it quick. The weird thing is that when I pulled the throttle on my radio, the truck didn't move. When I moved my throttle forward to the brake position, my truck moved forward. I have no idea what I did wrong. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I tried to search the forums but couldn't find anything related to this.
Thanks,
I think you might have plugged the battery in backwards on your rotostart and started the engine up backwards.

Or i could just be joking. [sm=biggrin.gif] What Lug said is probably what happened
Old 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
lightning73

lmao cr 500 rider!!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Would that cause this even if I don't have a reverse module in my Savage? Sorry for my ignorance, but like I said, I am a newbie to all of this.
its on your TX, i'm right next to the power LED there's two slide switches that are kinda set into the body or the remote change the position of the one labled throttle or ch2. and that should fix your problem

the lug
Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

its on your TX, i'm right next to the power LED there's two slide switches that are kinda set into the body or the remote change the position of the one labled throttle or ch2. and that should fix your problem

the lug
yup agree 10000%
Remember when I was at the LHS looking for parts (one of the many bin dives) and a guy came in wanting to buy a Spectrum cause his controller was "busted", because it was braking when he hit throttle. Clerk flipped the switch and said go home
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 AM
jshel-canada

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

the lug
Thank you. Ican't beleive it was something this simple. Man do Ifeel like an idiot. lol. I'll try this when Iget home tonight
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, as likely as it is that he just needs to hit his Servo Reverse switch, I've never had one change to the wrong position all by itself. He must have taken the engine out to change the CB, and that means disconnecting some stuff. I wonder if he got his intermediate bellcrank back on is some odd postion where it reverses the throw. Not even sure if that's possible wihout looking....I'd have as much luck trying to figure out the solution to a Rubic's Cube in my head. Anyway, the point is, maybe he should "also" be looking at what he dismantled and check to see if he put it back together correctly. But "yes", it's probably that switch...........
Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
jshel-canada

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the bellcrank? I will try the switch tonight, if thatdoesn'twork, I will take it apart again to see if I screwed something up. I have to put lock-tite on the screw for the clutchbell anyway, which I forgot to do previously.
ORIGINAL: Argess

You know, as likely as it is that he just needs to hit his Servo Reverse switch, I've never had one change to the wrong position all by itself. He must have taken the engine out to change the CB, and that means disconnecting some stuff. I wonder if he got his intermediate bellcrank back on is some odd postion where it reverses the throw. Not even sure if that's possible wihout looking....I'd have as much luck trying to figure out the solution to a Rubic's Cube in my head. Anyway, the point is, maybe he should "also" be looking at what he dismantled and check to see if he put it back together correctly. But "yes", it's probably that switch...........
Old 03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bellcrank I"m speaking about is the little black plastic thing that rotates when you operate the throttle. It is located near the fuel tank. The linkage from the engine carb fastens to it, as well as the linkage from the throttle servo.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM
jshel-canada

ORIGINAL: Argess

The bellcrank I"m speaking about is the little black plastic thing that rotates when you operate the throttle. It is located near the fuel tank. The linkage from the engine carb fastens to it, as well as the linkage from the throttle servo.
Thank you, it turned out to be the transmitter as previously mentioned. Thanks everyone for your help.