Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Broken diff gear pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
hghflyrjd1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken diff gear pics?

I just got my flux and i hear that some people r still haveing some issues breaking there diffs i cant imagine it could some on email me pics of there bad gears to [email protected]
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 AM
CR500rider

Default RE: Broken diff gear pics?

i heard of ONE account where a few teeth popped off the pinion gear, but he was really abusing the truck. so i dont think its really an issue
Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
rotzilla

depends on what diff parts you have. if its the old hardened gears they were known for chunking pinions very common. then they came out with an updated version not much better. havent heard much bad about the new bullitproof diffs / cen replicas
Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Every failure I had was due to a bearing on the ring gear going out. This allowed the ring gear's mesh to loosen up. That is why HPI came out with the Super HD Gears (ones before the Bullit Proof) They machined down the part of the gear that the bearing went on so they could run a thicker stronger bearing.