Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

before going to XL

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM
richardtf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default before going to XL

i bought an XL TVP on ebay for $20 i think its good deal. i will convert my savage x to xl but i will not widen it. before i work on it.i would like ask everybody's opinion on just upgrading to a longer chassis w/out the wide stance.will it make the trUck look silly?[]

thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: before going to XL

It will look goofy.. You'll have a wider turning radius but more stability while in the air.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
BudBud

Pro Line and others I am sure make an off set wheel that will make your stance very close to that of the XL. I usually converted mine the other way first, going for the width and heavier drive axle bones on my X. Then I just bought a set of plates and a long rear bone. I think I have some photos in my gallery showing the off set wheels. Glen
Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 AM
sharkattack99

no i don't think it will look goofy cause i went to xl length but not width and i think it looks cool.
thats xl length but i don't have xl width

Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 AM
wolfie1

what colour is that candy apple red? Its amazing how the right set of wheels and tyres on a monster truck makes it look good
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
whipnet

I think the XL length looks better. Brings it more to scale.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: wolfie1

what colour is that candy apple red? Its amazing how the right set of wheels and tyres on a monster truck makes it look good
its a Metallic Red. very true,
Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
brio

sharkattack99 I'm not seeing you RC pic. Can you post it again?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:12 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: brio

http://<b><font color=''#00265e'' si...k99</font></b> I'm not seeing you RC pic. Can you post it again?
can you see it now?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 PM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: sharkattack99

http://<b><font color=''#00265e'' si...k99</font></b> I'm not seeing you RC pic. Can you post it again?
can you see it now?

good choice of color i always like black wheels,thanks for the picture sharkattack99,honestly i have second thoughts on upgrading to xl length and not the width co'z it might look goofy.but know i will go for it have you jump the truck? they said the width will make it stable in the air?. are those super mudders tires? are they bigger that the stock savage x tires? what wheel are you running? sorry for the to many question
Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
BudBud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VAe...eature=related

There is my X on XL width with Dirt Bonz....
Old 07-16-2010, 07:05 PM
sharkattack99

ORIGINAL: richardtf

can you see it now?

good choice of color i always like black wheels,thanks for the picture sharkattack99,honestly i have second thoughts on upgrading to xl length and not the width co'z it might look goofy.but know i will go for it have you jump the truck? they said the width will make it stable in the air?. are those super mudders tires? are they bigger that the stock savage x tires? what wheel are you running? sorry for the to many question
thanks, well i have jumped it some and i didn't notice any difference but then i don't jump crazy either, lol but personally i think it all depends on how you hit the jump. yes those are super mudders, and they are just a little bit bigger than the stock savage x, the x's are 160s and these are 165 so a little bit bigger and there mounted on maximizer bead locks. which i love. thats ok with the questions if you have more just ask,
Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM
richardtf

ORIGINAL: richardtf

can you see it now?

thanks, well i have jumped it some and i didn't notice any difference but then i don't jump crazy either, lol but personally i think it all depends on how you hit the jump. yes those are super mudders, and they are just a little bit bigger than the stock savage x, the x's are 160s and these are 165 so a little bit bigger and there mounted on maximizer bead locks. which i love. thats ok with the questions if you have more just ask,

do you have other picture with different angle of the truck
Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 PM
sharkattack99

I have these two hope there ok

Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 PM
richardtf

does the rear center dog bone fit in the savage x drive cup? thanks for the picture man.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:14 AM
sharkattack99

Ur welcome, well the only XL parts in those pictures are the tvps the rear center dog bone and the motor plate every thing else is x parts. See I bought a kit from a main hobbies that came with the rear center dog bone motor plate and the tvps, so if the stock XL dog bone is the same as the rtr then yes cause it fit in mine cause I wanted the lenght but not the width.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:07 AM
BudBud

The rear center bone is longer on the XL, but has the same size drive cups. The differential to axle bones are much heavier and take a larger axle and drive cup, but are the same length. The outside axle is where they get the added width. Glen
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 AM
richardtf

ah okay..now i understand i am just waiting for my xl tvp to arrive.thanks sharkattack,thanks glen
Old 07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
sharkattack99

Hey no problem, want to see some pics when u get them on the rig
Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
richardtf

Hey no problem, want to see some pics when u get them on the rig

just finished instlling the xl tvp nest on the list 40 series masher,axial oversize wheel,proline ironhide body,hpi xl roll cage. sharkattack is your savage still do wheelies?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63794.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1469733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69314.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1469734  
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM
sharkattack99

mine wouldn't cause i was having engine problems (can't get it tuned right) and clutch shoe problems (my shoes would slip) so it wasn't the xl tvps if thats what your asking, yours should still do wheelies if you have had no problems with your engine, i need to get a new engine been looking at the picco and clutch shoes. looking sweet man have you ran it yet?
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM
richardtf

mine wouldn't cause i was having engine problems (can't get it tuned right) and clutch shoe problems (my shoes would slip) so it wasn't the xl tvps if thats what your asking, yours should still do wheelies if you have had no problems with your engine, i need to get a new engine been looking at the picco and clutch shoes. looking sweet man have you ran it yet?

when it was still X it wheelies like crazy.i don't have any problems yet with the truck co'z its just a month old and i only use it during week ends. i haven't tried it yet i am gonna order the wheels and roll bar,new body first. before i forget would you happen to know the part number for a longer starter shaft? the one that came with the X it fell short
Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM
richardtf

BTW if your looking for an engine supertib offered me a modified force .28 for $200,if your interested pm him
Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM
sharkattack99

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUWJ2&P=7

yeah i was looking at one of his modified piccos but not right now though, anyway theres the xl length dog bone.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM
sharkattack99

oops found it cheaper here

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/HPI-Dogbo...4-p-17818.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.