Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SAVAGE FLUX PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM
rc person 577

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAVAGE FLUX PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP!

The problem I have been experiencing is the wheel hex on the truck is spinning inside the wheel, stripping the wheel. I got this truck 3 or 4 weeks ago, and on the first run, after a lot of searching, I found this happened (only on the right rear wheel). Once I found it, I swapped the right side wheels thinking this would help, tightening them down harder. Today, the 8th pack through, this happened again, and this time, I do not have any other wheels to swap. I tried the other wheel and it quickly started to spin inside the wheel. My question is, is this a common problem?What shouldI do? What is the best wayto remove big monster tires without ruining the tire?

Thanks, please respond!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
fluxme
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: SAVAGE FLUX PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP!

the flux has so much torqe it will do that.
you need to make sure the hex pin is in good shape and the hex,i use the aluminum ones,and put blue loctight on the wheel nut and tighting it down
that should help.also look at your rims were the hex is it might have a hairline crack in it
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rc person 577

The problem I have been experiencing is the wheel hex on the truck is spinning inside the wheel, stripping the wheel. I got this truck 3 or 4 weeks ago, and on the first run, after a lot of searching, I found this happened (only on the right rear wheel). Once I found it, I swapped the right side wheels thinking this would help, tightening them down harder. Today, the 8th pack through, this happened again, and this time, I do not have any other wheels to swap. I tried the other wheel and it quickly started to spin inside the wheel. My question is, is this a common problem? What should I do? What is the best way to remove big monster tires without ruining the tire?

Thanks, please respond!

Your the first person I have heard of having this issue. When you mount the wheels and tighten down the nut does the wheel wobble? As for removing the tires there are several things you can do, but the best thing to do would be to find a set on ebay.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 AM
rc person 577

ORIGINAL: fluxme

the flux has so much torqe it will do that.
you need to make sure the hex pin is in good shape and the hex,i use the aluminum ones,and put blue loctight on the wheel nut and tighting it down
that should help.also look at your rims were the hex is it might have a hairline crack in it
The pin and the hex are fine. I tighten them down with an impact wrench with blue loctight. I have found that once it happens once, the wheel is no good.

This only happens on the right rear though. Stripped 3 wheels!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 AM
rc person 577

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: rc person 577

The problem I have been experiencing is the wheel hex on the truck is spinning inside the wheel, stripping the wheel. I got this truck 3 or 4 weeks ago, and on the first run, after a lot of searching, I found this happened (only on the right rear wheel). Once I found it, I swapped the right side wheels thinking this would help, tightening them down harder. Today, the 8th pack through, this happened again, and this time, I do not have any other wheels to swap. I tried the other wheel and it quickly started to spin inside the wheel. My question is, is this a common problem?What shouldI do? What is the best wayto remove big monster tires without ruining the tire?

Thanks, please respond!

Your the first person I have heard of having this issue. When you mount the wheels and tighten down the nut does the wheel wobble? As for removing the tires there are several things you can do, but the best thing to do would be to find a set on ebay.
The wheel doesn't wobble. I've tried putting the hex in the wheel and then putting the whole thing in the pin so I know it is lined up.What do you guys think of epoxying the hex into the wheel?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a friend that glued the hex hub to the wheel because he kept stripping them..
Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
rc person 577

I am going to the lhs today, I will see what they say...

Seems like the best choice.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I had a friend that glued the hex hub to the wheel because he kept stripping them..
had to do that on my MT2 for some reason it stripped 2 rear hex's (both times same side)
problem vanished once I went alum hexs though on that particular truck
Old 07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Freezetron

I had axial rims on my first Flux that stripped within a few runs but I never had issues with my HPI dish rims.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
rc person 577

Just got back from lhs, he said to glue the hexes in with JB quick weld. They are drying now, will sit there for at least 24 hours. My plans are to run these tires until they are slicks, then get pro-line big joes on HD white Velocity rims with the 23mm XL width hexes. Then maybe convert to XL FLUX in and few years.

Thanks guys!!