RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Monster Truck Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/)
-   -   MY Savage Vs Revo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-monster-truck-forum-250/8226648-my-savage-vs-revo.html)

MadManAndrew 12-09-2008 07:35 PM

RE: MY Savage Vs Revo

hey! How did a vid of a savvy and revo bashin around on a track turn into this???

Clymer122693 12-09-2008 07:43 PM

Once again MMA you have no proof of this "abuse" that you have put your savage through.

MadManAndrew 12-09-2008 07:46 PM

What the HECK DOES MMA MEAN???

I'll get vids when I get a camera...I guess I could tape my phone to the front of my truck, but I'd be afraid it's gonna get broke... I'm going back to Oklahoma (where I was doing the 15 foot jumps) for christmas. I'll try to get some vid then...

As for now I'll put my phone on my truck and put it into some cartwheels and stuff this weekend, but if I break my phone-and NOT my savage, you're buyin me a new phone...

Clymer122693 12-09-2008 08:04 PM

MMA=ManManAndrew

And nahh I got a slightly used phone you can have :)

I'm still waiting on the answer as to why my truck didnt break and that was way more then 5ft jumps and on concrete none the less.

MadManAndrew 12-09-2008 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Clymer122693

MMA=ManManAndrew

And nahh I got a slightly used phone you can have :)

I'm still waiting on the answer as to why my truck didnt break and that was way more then 5ft jumps and on concrete none the less.
1.Ohhhh!!!I'm not good with abreviations...
2.How used???Nah, I'll just sneak my dad's iPhone away...
3.huh???what jumps on what concrete?Did you posta vid?

MadManAndrew 12-09-2008 08:10 PM

Oh, i found 'em, Ok, that's cuz umm, you got reallllyyyy soft tires...:D, nah, that wasn't fast enough...you got's to be going FULL SPEED[sm=52_52.gif](that's the best smiley I could find for fast...there's not one with his face bein blown back...)

tiemac 12-09-2008 11:07 PM

Ok I didnt mean to start a forum war. It was fun having all them different trucks out there. I'm Sure with an experienced driver and not such a basher track the Revo would be ahead all the way, Its a track racing machine. My Savage was running great on that basher track. All I know is we all had a blast with our HPI, Losi, traxxas and other Trucks. Cant we all just get along:D

steed2-inactive 12-09-2008 11:12 PM

omg this is rediculous ...you guys need to grow up !!! who cares who has what and which is better!! I have a savage x 4.6 and my brother has a revo 3.3 and who cares which one is faster...either of us can barely control these damn things lmao!! but every time we go out and run them we have a great time and come home with good stories!

tiemac 12-09-2008 11:18 PM

That's what i'm talking about.

Clymer122693 12-10-2008 12:25 AM

MMA that double backflip was WOT and I messed up the landing, I was asking for something to break...did it? Nope.

Tiemac sorry for taking over your thread.

RenegadeRevo 12-10-2008 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

hey! How did a vid of a savvy and revo bashin around on a track turn into this???
Well, because the video was of them racing back and forth. The OP was about how the "Savage always came out ahead" and our favorite HPI person (who's post has now been deleted) commented on how it shows the Revo sucks... when most people would agree that a well-driven Revo would generally come out on top of a well-driven Savage in a true race due to it's better handling characteristics, lower center of gravity, and better, lighter racing platform. That's not to mention that in racing, it really comes more down to the driver, and not the vehicle as much as one would think. Thus, a point was proven about ROAR championships and R/C Pro finals the Revo has won to the non-existant record of the Savage. Then, RCTruckRacer mentioned the truth about racing vs. bashing... that to be a good racer, it has to be durable to get you through a main. (trust me, I lost a race because I broke down... unfortunately, it was my fault... battery died... of course, given the other drivers, I would have had to fight for 3rd) and that racers many times abuse their trucks worse than backyard bashers. It takes a lot to get through even a 15 minute main... much less a 30.

RenegadeRevo 12-10-2008 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo
You can throw a 16 year old behind the wheel of a Ferrari and have him lose to a well-skilled driver in a minivan... Does that mean minivans are better than Ferrari's?
In [link=http://www.thedodgegarage.com/friends_paul_s.html]some[/link] cases, yes :)
Although I've seen that as well as the 4wd '03 Silverado that runs 10's... I'd still rather drive a Ferrari than that 80's dump wagon. :D

black mamba 12-10-2008 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: steed2

omg this is rediculous ...you guys need to grow up !!! who cares who has what and which is better!! I have a savage x 4.6 and my brother has a revo 3.3 and who cares which one is faster...either of us can barely control these damn things lmao!! but every time we go out and run them we have a great time and come home with good stories!
You're new here. There is a long standing Revo vs Savage debate that will last as long as both of these trucks are produced. There, now you know.

RenegadeRevo 12-10-2008 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

You're new here. There is a long standing Revo vs Savage debate that will last as long as both of these trucks are produced. There, now you know.
Unfortunately, the debate has been going on longer than that... because it's the same debate as Ford vs. Chevy... which has been going on for DECADES! Both have a following, both have a reason for that following. Both provide a great platform for a good vehicle, and both have fanboys that will stop at NOTHING to prove superiority. Thus, we have threads like this one. :D

black mamba 12-10-2008 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: MadManAndrew

OK, why are ya'll fighting about roar and other races at all. It's kinda of childish and, umm, if you think about it, kinda pointless.

The SAVAGE is built for BASHING
The revo is built for RACING

The revos going to be a better racer...
Childish? Pointless? Not in the least.[8D]

steed2-inactive 12-10-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Now i know?? what that u are arguing about something that doesnt really add up ?? i could understand savage vs t maxx ..but in my eye's a revo is basically a truggy (especially the platinum). the savage is definetly a monster truck ...it roll's over when cornered to fast ..has no where near the handling of a revo and was not designed to race . (i think) I dont know much about r/c but i can tell by looking at these two trucks that they had two different intents. And to say one is tougher than the other is kinda hard to justify as every landing is different. anyways they are both great machine's and honestly im just here to get help from u guys and chat about r/c. I didn't want to offend anybody it just seemed a little " my dads tougher than your dad".

Anyways ttyl

steed2-inactive 12-10-2008 06:58 PM

MadManAndrew 12-10-2008 08:43 PM

DANG! Stop hittin it already... How much did the repairs cost on that heli???
I got an idea [sm=idea.gif] been funnier if you had two ramps lined up mirroring each other, and had a savage and a revo come at each other from opposite sides [>:], with a heli hovering in the middle [sm=lol.gif] and both trucks hit the heli at the same time[X(]...Now that would have been hilarious...[sm=biggrin.gif]

Clymer122693 12-10-2008 09:57 PM

THE REVO IS AND NEVER WILL BE A TRUGGY. The Diffs are below the chassis and it uses a small block, along with a enclosed tranny and it doesnt have a pan chassis. Those 4 things define a truggy, before anyone even brings up the center diff thing there is several UE maxx racers that have adapted the revo CD to their rides, does that make them truggy's aswell? Also the MLST2 has a center diff, is that a truggy also? if so then that makes the full size LST2 a truggy to huh cause the mini is modeled after it (without a CD tho).

MadManAndrew 12-10-2008 10:19 PM

a better description would be: The revo handles VERY similar to a truggy, and the Revo plat. looks similar to a Truggy, but under the hood: revo is nothing like really any class, the suspension is unheardof, and the Savage handles like a true monster truck, looks like a true monster truck, and under the hood, IS A TRUE MONSTER...
My final word on the subject is:STOP COMPARING THE REVO AND SAVAGE, THEY SHOULDN"T EVEN BE CONSIDERED IN THE SAME CLASS. The Savage sets the bar for Bashing, and the Revo sets the bar for racing...