Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

tx not working on aerofly5

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
yenrec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tx not working on aerofly5

I just bought Aerofly5 and i cannot get my spektrum dx6i to work at all with the software. I have yet to activate the product because once activated i cant return it. It recognizes a 12channel usb interface but that is it. It will not pick up my controller with plugging it into the usb 2.5mm plug or with the interface adapter. Anyone help please!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: tx not working on aerofly5

Please post a photo of your cable connections from the computer to your radio, and a photo of all the cables that came with your AF5
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
yenrec

This is what came with my package, and i have tried it with both configurations. Plugging the jack into the port in back of my dx6i. Radio turns on(even with power off) but program doesnt recognize it. When i try to configure controller, nothing moves on the screen and wont let me move past setting up the left joystick to move it forward as the controller is not recognized.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:13 AM
rajul

Hi yenrec, the correct cable connections for a JR or Spektrum radio is as per the attached diagram. Looking at your pics, you will need an adapter cable for your JR radio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73110.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1715284  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
ben glides

I have a Imac 10,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz 12 GB Ram, and a Dx6i Transmitter.

Before spending $200 on this sim I read as much info as I could and found it was compatible with my imac and Spektrum DX6i (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1287300&page=2) . After receiving it I first spent half an hour changing the default language to English which seems a little strange(English 25% of the worlds population, German 1.5% ), then half a day trying to get Aerofly to work with my DX6i, I read it needs a $2 3.5mm stereo to 3,5mm mono adapter, so off I go and drive 2 hrs to pick up a $2 adapter, get home and it still doesn't work. I use the dx6i's ppm out with a dragonlink 3.5mm stereo jack and it works perfectly.

So far I have waited 3 weeks spent $202(excluding fuel), driven for 2hrs, spent half a weekend. And this useless software still doesn't work. i have submitted a support request on http://www.ikarus.net/index.php/en/s...t-kontakt.html twice, timed out both times. Registered on their forums to post a thread but I dont have permissions to post.

$200 is a lot of money to spend on software that offers limited troubleshooting/FAQs. I think if your customers had a choice they would pay a few dollars more to include all adapters .

Lucky I paid via paypal, filing a dispute.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
BusdriverSA

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my Spektrum Dx7.

Aerfly recognises the game controller when searching for new controllers, but shows it having 0 channels. I then select it for calibration and nothing, as if the Tx is not even connected!

I have all the cables EXACTLY as specified in the last picture, and my TX is off (turns on in DSC mode when the cable is plugged in), I have selected a new, unedited default model on my Tx and trainer mode is not inhibited, it isin Normal (I have tried all 3 modes with no success)

Any help please??

Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
rajul

Busdriver, please start your own thread as per the forum rules