Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AeroFly 1.8.0.17

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Cyclops1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroFly 1.8.0.17

Rajul,

Just purchased a Hitech Aurora 9 2.4 radio. Will aerofly 1.8.0.17 work with it?

Cyclops
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AeroFly 1.8.0.17

Yes it will. Create an ACRO model in the A9, remove the module, power it up (it doesn't power up automatically with the trainer port plugged in), plug the usb cable in (no adapter cable needed) and calibrate in AFPD.

The correct method for using your Hitec Aurora 9 with Aerofly is as follows:
- Connect your USB interface (3.5mm stereo jack) to the radio's training socket.
- Power on your radio using the switch
- Press the "Multi I/O" button on the right of the screen (This only appears with the USB interface connected on power-on).
- Choose "T-Pupil" from the options

I assume that you do not have any addons. You should update your AFPD version from 1.8.0.17 to 1.8.0.25 using the patch that can be found here http://www.aerofly.com/afpd/downloads.html
Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

Thanks a bunch I was to get my Aurora 9 transmitter working in no time flat and I did update my AFPD to 1.8.0.25 as you suggested. I have another question however, I been trying to get a Super Decathlon and some Helicopters to work in AFPD and they will not installed. I have followed your installation instruction posted on this website to the letter and still no luck. Is there something else I should try? BTW, I plan to update to the Aerofly 5 in the month or so. Will this problem resolve itself then?

Cyclops......
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 PM
rajul

OK, sounds good! On the downloaded models you were trying to install, are these compatible to AFPD? If you could post the download links to these models, I could check them.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

Here are links you ask me to send you. One fixed wing airplane and two helicopters. Thanks for looking at these for me.

Cyclops1

http://www.rc-sim.de/wbb3/index.php?...seItem&id=3668

http://www.rc-sim.de/wbb3/index.php?...seItem&id=3220

http://www.rc-sim.de/wbb3/index.php?...seItem&id=3739
Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 PM
rajul

Take into account that all of these are third-party models and were created by users. Some may have issues and you would have to contact the model creator to resolve them. Anyway, I downloaded and installed all of them with the following findings:

Raptor 50: No installation issues. This is an exe file and you just have to double click the file to start the installation automatically. Just ensure that you install it to the correct directory where your AFPD folder is.

Raptor 30: No problems as long as you go through the "read me" file for the installation steps as follows:
1. Go to your aircraft directory \aerofly professional deluxe\aircraft
2. Create a new subdirectory with the same name like the zip file
3. Unzip all files into this new subdirectory
4. Move *.wav files into \aerofly professional deluxe\sound
5. Enjoy the new aircraft

Super_Decathlon: This is also an exe file and you just have to double click on the file and ensure that it is installed to the correct directory. This model had a few bugs. There was no thumbnail photo in the aircraft selection menu, and the sound files were missing. You would need to contact the model creator directly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97864.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1764148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54561.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1764149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13509.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1764150  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Cyclops1

Rajul,

Thanks again for all your help. I was able to get the two helicopter links I sent you to work and they are running just fine. However, still having problems loading the Super Decathlon. Question, what name did you use after downloading and placing files in the correct directory. I have been using "Super_Decathlon_for_AFPD" because this is the name of the zip file.

Cyclops1
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
rajul

I named it as Super_Decathlon