Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

will this setup work for mac

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM
timmyjoeparker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this setup work for mac

I'm shoping in the US for a flight simulator for my macbook pro. From the info listed it seems that is should work. Product ID : 3081004I have a spektrum DMS2 controler that came with an Ember2. No ability to plug into anything. So am I right that I will need the Slave Game ControlerProduct ID : 3036001. Using my controler with wireless usb won't work right? I'm looking for least expensive route for a sim.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: will this setup work for mac

First of all, you should check that your mac system and graphics card meet the requirements here http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html

If you intend to use your own Spektrum transmitter, then you could get the AF5 mac usb interface version http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/aerofly-5...rface-version/

You will also need an adapter cable for your Spektrum transmitter http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/accessori...-transmitters/

Which Spektrum radio model do you have? Does it have a trainer port?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM
timmyjoeparker

rajul,

"no ability to plug spectrum in". So no an adaptor cable can't plug in. Its the unit that comes with the ember 2, not a high end controler.

The link you provided to the wireless usb package is 250 some dollars. I'm looking for "least expensive", which seems to be to get a basic commander and the basic program. This would be less that 90 dollars instead of the 250.00 package. I'm just confused on the control being called Slave Game Commander. Will this least expensive route work? It seems that my mac wil handle the software from the description. I'm guessing the package deal just has more features in the software, hence the huge price difference?
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 AM
rajul

I would suggest mac AFPD with the game commander http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/aerofly-p...ame-commander/
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
timmyjoeparker

Sooooooooooo lets try again. Are you sayong that aeroflyFS and the Slave controler won't work together? If your going to suggest something different please give a reason.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
rajul

Hi Timmy, I assumed that you were interested in R/C flight simulators, hence the above suggestions for AF5 or AFPD. AeroflyFS is not a R/C simulator and is more of a game. The Ikarus slave game commander will work with AeroflyFS, although it is recommended that a joystick is used.