Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

How to make aircraft for AFP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:06 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make aircraft for AFP?

Hi, lately I have noticed alot of talk of poeple wanting to make there own planes and figured I could help out.

The cads or aircraft outlines are only needed if you want to create an exact outline of an existing aircraft and are not needed at all for AFP.

First off rodeo has done a great workshop explaining the workings of the plane and how all the files are created and structured for AFP and what is required. they can be loaded into MetasequoiaLE and traced.

Here is a link to his .pdf instructions, there were also html form but I cant seem to find the link.
http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/New_aircr...erofly_pro.htm

MetasequoiaLE R2.1a is the most common and easyiest freeware 3D modeling program used for AFP and works great. Itis available here
(select the bottom of the 3 download links)
http://www21.ocn.ne.jp/~mizno/main_e.html

Here is a good workshop explaing the workings of MetasequoiaLE, the page deals with FMS sim but the creation is much the same to AFP except AFP can handle alot more detail, points and faces.
http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/Rc_hp2...asequoia_e.htm

Once you create the model you will need a converter to change from .suf to .onj for the sim. This is availaible by emailing IPACS at and asking for it.
[email protected]

Here is a link to a .pdf by rodeo explaing how to use the converter.
http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/Ipacs_converter_e.htm

The most important part of making a plane for AFP is to be patient, new aircraft will always have glitches and many troubles will rise during the construction but start simple and you should be able to work out the bugs and get the hang of the kind of problems you will encounter.

If you have any questions or problems about making new planes feel free to contact me.

Geoff H.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Ian.W

Default RE: How to make aircraft for AFP?

Hi Geoff

I downloaded the CAD program, but when i run i get ths error:

A required .DLL file, MQREND.DLL, was not found

any help?
TIA
Ian
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 AM
lurker_005

Are there converters for other cad file formats? I have use of [link=http://www.solidworks.com]solidworks[/link], and would like to try my hand at making a plane using that.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Kickflipkid687

Could I use 3ds max 6 to model a plane and export to AFP format or whatever it has to be? Or could i export to a format and import into that one prog. u said then export from that?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:34 PM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

I would just like to modify the "skins" without making a new plane. Can someone give me directions on how I can take digital photos of a plane (piece by piece) and convert it to be a scheme in AFPD.

Thanks

Rob
Old 01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
rc-rodeo

Rob,

you can't modify the skins of the original AFPD aircrafts.

But you can modify all of the free models.
Just open the included BMP files with any drawing program and in most cases you can already see how to adjust your own skin elements in this file. Even placing parts of your foto into it.

Regards
rodeo
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de
Old 01-07-2005, 07:34 PM
RC330LXFlya
My Feedback: (3)

Rodeo, I read through most of your workshop and downloaded Metaseqoia, the workshop says to open the .tmg, where do i open it from? if i double click it just says it doesnt know the file type.

Thanks,
Old 01-10-2005, 07:41 AM
rc-rodeo

Hi,

if it doesn't know the file type, it should show you a list to select programs from.
Choose the Wordpad editor, and enable the 'keep in mind' option.

Or you just start wordpad, notepad, word and use the file - open function. You must then switch to *.* any file type to see the .TMG or .TMD

Regards
rodeo
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de