Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

meta to ipacs

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
PickeringRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meta to ipacs

Hi
I have a friend who has AFPD and he lets me practice on it, so i wanted to make some planes for him and post them for all of you of course
But i need the meta to ipacs converter. Can someone please post it as i do not have adsl and i can no receive emails bigger than 1mb, and I imagine that it will be a bit bigger than that
Thanks guys
Martin
Old 02-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Greg.B

Default RE: meta to ipacs

Hi Martin,

I understand your problem, BUT the meta to OBJ file converter is personaized to yourself, you see you have to send an E-mail with your full name and address to Ipacs, then you get a free licence in your name. So it would be illegal for anyone to send it to you.

I wonder if they would be able to give a pesonal download link to you for the converter?

The only other thing I can think of is when I get the hang of putting stuff into AFPD you can send your Meta files to me and I'll convert them for you, the only problem with that is I don't know how long it will be before I get proficient at it.

BW!

Greg.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
PickeringRC

I still have to get used to using meta, but i want to make sure that I can convert it to AFPD before starting any projects.
The problem I saw was as I am not an AFPD user, they might not be all too happy to send me files. As I said before, i love aerofly pro deluxe, but I dont actually own it, apart from the fact that I am 16 and not earning, my old computer wont handle it properly.
What is the adress for the email I must send? how long before they get it to you? and roughly how big is it? Is it just a program to convert from direct3D to obj, or do you change the features of the airplane in this program.
Basicly, could you explain to me what exactly the program does?
Thanks
Martin
Old 02-02-2006, 02:32 PM
ALMA

Hi Martin
Can you find out or you brows give you free webspace?

I have here in the dutch by my cable exploitant, so a 20 mb for free , is that not also there?

I think, it's good to letyou infomate by your browser, you never knows ......[&:]
Old 02-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Greg.B

Ok, well firstly you must understand I don't have it yet, what I say is based on bits and pieces of infomation that I have found out.

ORIGINAL: Flyin4Funflyin
What is the adress for the email I must send?
This is the address you need to send the e-mail to: [email protected] , you need to inculde your name and address.

ORIGINAL: Flyin4Funflyin
Is it just a program to convert from direct3D to obj, or do you change the features of the airplane in this program.
Basicly, could you explain to me what exactly the program does?
From what I understand all the converter does is converts a .suf file to an .obj file that you can then use with AFP and AFPD, you can also accurately scale the aircraft using the converter, [link=http://www.rodeo.rc-sim.de/Ipacs_converter_e.htm]HERE[/link] is a tutorial for the converter that Rodeo did.

If anyone can correct me or add to what I have said please do.

BW!

Greg.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Greg.B

I have an update that may help you Martin:

I have got the Meta to OBJ converter and it was in a zip file of which the file size was 106K.

BW!

Greg.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 PM
PickeringRC

great but where ?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Greg.B

Read post #5
Old 02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
PickeringRC

Sorry, still dont see where I can download that 106kb file from []
Martin
Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Greg.B

You have to send off for it, You need to send an e-mail to: [email protected] , you need to include your name and address.

That is how I got mine.

BW!

Greg.