Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Why is AFPD avoiding the Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Flyon_rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is AFPD avoiding the Question?

I have asked this question in more than one place and others are asking as well. But all we get is silence. So what is the Question?
It is a simple one. Does the RFPD simm program work with the new Spektrum DX6 transmitter? Those that are asking are aware that the DX6 is a greatly improved JR radio. But hey who wants to drop nearly $200.00 after shipping on a product when the vendor keeps avoiding answering a basic question. There sure are a lot of us with this radio now. We sure would like an answer. As of tonight I have e-mailed the vendor twice asking for this info. Dead Silence. Kind of scary huh?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Ian.W

Default RE: Why is AFPD avoiding the Question?

scary....riiiight

if its just a JR radio, it should work fine if its set to PPM
Old 04-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Mudsurfer1234

Fly On, i think you need to be a little more patient.

The radio is new, and i would bet that the vendor has not tried it with AFPD yet.

Instead of getting all upset with the vendor, just wait a little while until someone on here (non vendor) has tried it.

Also, from what you posted, it sounds like you want to buy the radio JUST for afpd, or else there is nothing to get upset about. If you want to get the radio because you want to fly foamies with it, then get it.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Flyon_rc

OK guys this is a very complex answer. I recieved the AFPD today via UPS. And have went about connecting wires and loading the program and all the hoops they jump you through. Be ready it will take a while to go through it. I can see now why IKARUS just could not just post a simple answer. On top of that my typing skills are not to good so I hope I dont exhaust myself, trying to bring the Question to a resolution. Here we go though. This is what all the trouble has beeen for. Ready?................

Yes.

Man that was tough, I'm exhausted. Whew, I think I will go practice flying on the AFPD some more. You can see how tough that would have been for IKARUS to do. Fly on guys. Oh Yeah if anyone see's my muddy friend tell him it did not come with any Joystick or game commander or anything but the wire.

This thing is really all I hoped it would be. I downloaded a program to emulate my Slow Stick. Anyone know how to import it to the program? OH I guess that should be a new post. Thanks again for all the interest shown guys. Your the best.

Larry

P.S. Man I hope I can find all the forums I posted this question on. I'll keep looking.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:15 AM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Fly on ...
you are saying that AFPD and the DX6 Do work together?

What did you do to get them to communicate?

Thanks

Rob
Old 04-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Flyon_rc

RobT the answer is yes. Right out of the box, contrary to what one of the guys at IKARUS USA (in Florida) told me. There was no other interface controller as MudSurfer thought there might be, but then again I am sure he is right if an alternate version is ordered. To help, I will look at the box and give you the actual part number that I ordered.

It is a:

#302100136 AFP Deluxe l.V. with free Fuaba+JR Adaptor.

Rob just as you pointed out before, this adapter converts from a 3-ring stereo style jack to a two ring mono style jack. The install and set up went fairly easy. A little spooky on how to calibrate, but overall not bad.

Rob I actually signed in tonight to find and ask you and MudSurfer your opinion's on some fairly basic stuff. It appears you both have been at this a while, and I am only about 3 weeks into the Hobby. This Saturday I had a real milestone day, in that it was the first time I ever flew my batteries dead, and did not break something, no crashes and 2 out of five tries I actually landed on the runway of our RC field. I still have some trouble finding the runway. For a while there I would have been willing to crash my plane into ithe runnway just to say I had brought it down on it.

Well the question I have is basic enough to make me blush, but I have just got to find out where the elevator trim should be set. Should it be set to fly the plane level at 1/2 throttle? Or should it be set so that the plane lifts off the ground on takeoff at full throttle. Or is it set one way at take off and then modified in the air? I am going to post this as it's own thread, but I really kind of wanted to get both your points of view. MudSurfer you may have misjudged my character, but something tells me you really know how to fly. No hard feelings here, I really was laying so much whine out there, that I probably should have been serving some cheese with all that wine. :-) I look forward to your guy's input.

Larry
Old 04-17-2006, 08:03 AM
RobT
My Feedback: (17)

Larry, I will answer you by PM since this is off topic.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Fy on -- In the other thread you asked how to install aircraft. There is an installer you can download that makes it easy, AFPD Import Wizard.
You can get it here
http://www.schmidt6.com/AFPD/AFPD Import Wizard.zip