Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:52 AM
paddy_c20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installation procedure for AFPD model downloads

evry time i try download and install ipacs-sim planes to my aerofly pro deluxe i get a message saying unable to locate aerofly deluxe pro please re install using disk.

why is it not locating. i open my aerofly up and it works fine. but no new planes

help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow the instructions given at the beginning of this thread. Also, please do not double post as your question has been posted and answered here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10049457/tm.htm
Old 11-06-2010, 07:27 PM
unit53

hey mike,,i hope im posting in the correct thread,place ,,i dont want to get my question deleted or reprimanded for not being sure,,,ok heres the question ,,how do i perform the drag and drop method in windows 7? i had become rather proficient in xp ,thanks to you ,,now im a pc,and finding a way to add planes is my idea,,,lolll,,thanks in advance,,,and im directing this not just to mike but anyone else who knows.. and one quick sidenote ,,areofly definitely wont work in xp mode ,,its not designed for 3/d games ,,but works fine in seven after windows is,configured to xp sp3 settings
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
rajul

unit53, its the same procedure as outlined at the beginning of this thread. Only thing is the win 7 directory structure is different from xp and you just need to find where the AFPD folder is. If you do a normal installation, you will find the AFPD folder in this directory C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\AFPD
Old 11-06-2010, 10:29 PM
unit53

ok thank ,,you i did one ,,but it may need editing to show,,ive found it in the directory and open it in,,list view so i dont have to juggle the windows,,ill try it again and let you know how it goes .......update yes it works like xp as far as the drag and drop method,,,only thing i need to figure out now is how not to get permission denied message to not appear when attempting to edit the tm file,,maybe someone can inform me of which settings to use when editing....
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
unit53

ok most planes ive downloaded using windows 7 are appearing just fine,,,,i did find a neat tool called j zip from cnet that makes things easy it actually eliminates many steps and eliminates dragging and dropping which can be done as tested,,and isnt a pay for software program like winzip,,,,,and for anyone using win 7 and did a clean install..you will need to find and remove the old ipacs folder from the old windows folder,,or you will get errors and most likely not be able to run .
Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Monterey10

I'm trying to use these instructions for the Mac AFPD platinum and the program doesn't seem to recognize the new planes. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Craig
Old 12-26-2010, 02:34 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Mike - I just set up a new PC and installed AFPD. With the latest Patch, it is up to V 1.11.07.19. I had downloaded various aircraft from RC-Sim.de. I copied the aircraft folder from my old XP machine to the aircraft folder in my Aerofly Professional Deluxe directory. AFPD works fine but when I try to install aircraft from the RC-Sim site that are .exe files, the "Installed successfully" box comes up but the aircraft never appear in the program. The Install Path that appears when I run the .exe file is correct, however, the models never appear.

I am running Windows Pro 64bit.

I have read all the posts in this thread and the links to the others that were included in this thread.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 PM
rajul

Rich, some of these third party models do have flaws. Could you give me the link to the "exe" model? I could try it out and let you know what I find.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
BuschBarber

These were downloaded some months ago so I will have to return to the site and send you the link.

The interesting thing is that I have a second W7 computer, with AFPD installed in the same directories. When I launch the same .exe files, they install successfully and show up in the program. The Install Path appears to be exactly the same on both machines. I do not know why the models appear in AFPD on one machine and not on the other.

I have tried installing at least 5 different models on both machines.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 PM
rajul

Did you install the "exe" as the same user who installed AFPD? You need the admin rights
Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
BuschBarber

Yes!! I always log on with the same Username.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:05 AM
gazzazh

Hi,
How about installing models on mac.. ??

thanks a million

Cheers
Old 03-29-2011, 03:24 AM
AS1947

Hi Hussein,

how to install AFPD models you can learn here: http://arthur.heimat.eu/faq_apd.html

Regrads
Arthur

PLEASE NOTICE:
These instructions are for the AeroFly Professional Deluxe but NOT for the aerofly5!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Maladroit

At the ipacs-sim website, I saw many very nice scale models for downloading which were posted by Arthur. But why are they all .exe files?

I thought I could get a nice P-51, an F4U Corsair and some slow fyers as well, but there are NO MAC files? We paid out $$$ too you know? Why the slight on Mac users?

A friend of mine has an older version of AFPD for Mac and he has some awesome planes like the ones I mentioned above, but my version, which I purchased on Tues. has none of the good planes, like American WW2 fighters.
NONE!

Can you diredt me somewhere where some good variety of Mac files can be downloaded?
Thanks,
KMac
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 PM
rajul

You could try to request Arthur to convert the models that you want from .exe to zip

Arthur, is this possible?
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 AM
AS1947

Hi Mike,

to use the .exe files you need a windows PC which has installed a legal copy of the AFPD.

The program that creates .exe files was advised by Ipacs to the model creators some years ago, because many windows users had problems with installing the models and it helps to prevent fraudulent use of the models.

If you (or another MAC user) don't know anyone with a windows PC with AFPD on it, you could ask the creator of the model to send you a .zip file which will work on a MAC PC too. By the way, I am not the creator of all the models at the ipacs-sim website, I am only the 'UPLOADER'!

The models I created are all available at my homepage (http://arthur.heimat.eu/) and I offer both versions, for windows and MAC.

Arthur
Old 04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
AS1947

ORIGINAL: Maladroit

At the ipacs-sim website, I saw many very nice scale models for downloading which were posted by Arthur. But why are they all .exe files?

I thought I could get a nice P-51, an F4U Corsair and some slow fyers as well, but there are NO MAC files? We paid out $$$ too you know? Why the slight on Mac users?

A friend of mine has an older version of AFPD for Mac and he has some awesome planes like the ones I mentioned above, but my version, which I purchased on Tues. has none of the good planes, like American WW2 fighters.
NONE! [img][/img]

Can you diredt me somewhere where some good variety of Mac files can be downloaded?
Thanks,
KMac
Hi KMac,

most of the models at the ipacs-sim website are not created by me, I am only the 'uplader'.
As I already explained, the .exe files are self installing model files for windows user. The program was given to us by Ipacs long time before a MAC version was available!
By the way: the creators of the user models are neither payed by Ipacs nor by anyone other! All user models are free of charge and if you buy an AFPD you do NOT pay for user models!!!!
If your friend with the older version of MAC has installed such user models, he can give you a copy of the complete model folder and if you put it into your aircraft folder it should work. But keep in mind that you need the sound file(s) of the models too.

Regards
Arthur