Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

AeroFly Professional Deluxe for Mac OS X 10.5 and above

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AeroFly Professional Deluxe for Mac OS X 10.5 and above

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AeroFly Professional Deluxe for Mac OS X 10.5 and above

Exactly how did you install the patch? You could always uninstall and do a complete reinstallation
Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Harley Licht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rajul

Exactly how did you install the patch? You could always uninstall and do a complete reinstallation
I downloaded the patch from the website.
Double clicked on the file to launch it.
and then got the error message.
It never was installed.

-

Regarding my attempt to use my new Game Commander and switch back and forth to
my old USB cable from my Windows version, it runs with the old cable and Futaba Transmitter,
BUT....
It then asks me to activate and when I attempt to activate using the Serial number from the old
USB cable and the product code from the new Mac Version, it tells me that it has already been
registered and that I should contact Ikarus. Obviously the cable was registered with my Windows
Version.. Do I need to un-activate it under windows and re-activate it under Mac? If so, how can
I do that?

Harley

Any thoughts here
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
rajul

Simply unzip the complete contents by double clicking on the file. Then move the extracted file to the AeroFly Professional Deluxe directory.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
rajul

ORIGINAL: Harley Licht

my old USB cable from my Windows version, it runs with the old cable and Futaba Transmitter,
BUT....
It then asks me to activate and when I attempt to activate using the Serial number from the old
USB cable and the product code from the new Mac Version, it tells me that it has already been
registered and that I should contact Ikarus. Obviously the cable was registered with my Windows
Version.. Do I need to un-activate it under windows and re-activate it under Mac? If so, how can
I do that?

Harley
You can only register one usb interface/GC serial number to a particular activation key. Multiple combination is not permitted.

If you would like to use the Futaba radio, you could get an Ikarus dummy usb interface cable and a Futaba adapter cable. You would need to plug in both the dummy interface and the GC into separate usb ports.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:47 AM
rajul

Mark,

In two cases, I do not have any engine sounds. The sound carries over and works
fine in about 95% of the cases. And of course, the sound is working fine under Windows.
Specifically, I am having this problem with a plane called Pitts14..
Could be due to a mismatch between the sound file and the tmd file. You could try the following workaround:

1. Open the .tmd file in the particular aircraft folder with notepad and use the "Find" option (under the "Edit" tab) to find the word "sound". There it gives you the file names that are used. In this case it's like "extra330s-xxxx" for planes
2. Look in your Sound folder C:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe\sound for the names of alternative sound files to use.
3. Replace the "extra330s-xxxx" information in the .tmd file (there are typically three entries for planes) with the name of a sound file you want in the sound folder.
4. Go to "File" and click "Save".
Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Harley Licht

Simply unzip the complete contents by double clicking on the file. Then move all files to the AeroFly Professional Deluxe directory.
When I download the new Patch file for the Mac, it is NOT a zip file. It is simply called Aerofly.app
When I launch it, it creates a file called tm.log... then I get a message that Aerofly Pro has unexpectedly quit, even though it never launched.
It would appear that the patch is an app, not a zip file. The aerofly.app file is 1.9mb... the tm.log file is only 8k

Harley

Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Harley Licht

Mark,

In two cases, I do not have any engine sounds. The sound carries over and works
fine in about 95% of the cases. And of course, the sound is working fine under Windows.
Specifically, I am having this problem with a plane called Pitts14..
Could be due to a mismatch between the sound file and the tmd file. You could try the following workaround:

1. Open the .tmd file in the particular aircraft folder with notepad and use the ''Find'' option (under the ''Edit'' tab) to find the word ''sound''. There it gives you the file names that are used. In this case it's like ''extra330s-xxxx'' for planes
2. Look in your Sound folder C:\Program Files\IPACS\AeroFly Professional Deluxe\sound for the names of alternative sound files to use.
3. Replace the ''extra330s-xxxx'' information in the .tmd file (there are typically three entries for planes) with the name of a sound file you want in the sound folder.
4. Go to ''File'' and click ''Save''.

Thank you.. The solution to the problem was slightly different, but your information allowed me to fix it as follows:

I opened the .tmd file on the Mac using TextEdit, located the name of the sound file that was listed.
Then went to the sound folder and determined that the sound files were not there for this aircraft.
So I went to the Windows version, opened the Sound Folder in the Windows version, located the proper sound files and moved them
over to the Sound folder on the Mac side.
Voila... Problem solved..

Thank you...

Now I still need to figure out how to get the patch installed.. Is the patch required to use the Slave Cable?

Harley
Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Harley Licht

BUT....
I do that?

Harley
You can only register one usb interface/GC serial number to a particular activation key. Multiple combination is not permitted.

If you would like to use the Futaba radio, you could get an Ikarus dummy usb interface cable and a Futaba adapter cable. You would need to plug in both the dummy interface and the GC into separate usb ports.
Ok, thank you.. I have ordered a Slave Cable from Ikarus in Germany.. That appears to be the only place to get one at the moment.
Do I need the patch in order for the slave cable to work? The patch info on the website refers to a "USB dummy Interface" and I am not sure what that is,
unless it is referring to a "Dummy like me with so many questions"? (grin).

Harley
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Harley Licht

Ok, thank you.. I have ordered a Slave Cable from Ikarus in Germany.. That appears to be the only place to get one at the moment.
Do I need the patch in order for the slave cable to work? The patch info on the website refers to a ''USB dummy Interface'' and I am not sure what that is,
unless it is referring to a ''Dummy like me with so many questions''? (grin).

Harley

[/quote]

Mike,

Ok, I have the Ikarus USB Dual Interface USB cable (I believe that this is the same as what you referred to as a Dummy USB Cable?)

And the proper connector cable adapter for the Futaba. I have both the Game Commander and the Dual USB Interface plugged into
separate USB ports and it will not recognize either my Futaba T6XA or my Futaba 9C radio (both on PPM). It only sees the game commander.
I have double checked that I have specified the correct model in the Aerofly controller software etc.

I have tried using the additional small adapter cable supplied with the Dual USB interface.. (Servo connector to Mini Jack)
and verified that the adapter is plugged into the USB interface with the proper polarity. Still no joy.

I made sure that both the GC and the DUAL USB adapter were plugged into separate USB ports prior to running the Sim program.

Is the Software Patch required for this to work properly?

->>>>>> I am still unable to install the patch..... (See my comments about the patch in my prior messages)

This is getting a bit frustrating....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Harley
Old 08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
rajul

The download is a ZIP. You have to copy the CONTENT of the zip file to your AeroFly Pro directory. The 1.11.7.31 Mac patch should be downloaded from here http://www.aerofly.com/downloads.html

Did the usb interface come in your AFPD box? In that case, it is not a slave usb interface. It will cause a conflict with the GC. Also, you only need to use the usb stick adapter cable (servo connector to mini jack) for JR/Spektrum radios. For Futaba radios, connect the long black cable (with a small 2.5mm plug on one end) directly into the usb stick interface.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Harley Licht

The download is a ZIP. You have to copy the CONTENTS of the zip file to your AeroFly Pro directory. The 1.11.7.31 Mac patch should be downloaded from here http://www.aerofly.com/downloads.htm

I will try one more time, and let you know what happens.

Did the usb interface come in your AFPD box? In that case, it is not a slave usb interface. It will cause a conflict with the GC. Also, you only need to use the usb stick adapter cable (servo connector to mini jack) for JR/Spektrum radios. For Futaba radios, connect the long black cable (with a small 2.5mm plug on one end) directly into the usb stick interface.
1.) No it did not come with the AeroFly Software. I purchased it separately from Ikarus Germany and it arrived in the mail early this morning.

2.) I have tried it with and without the usb Stick Adapter. The instructions do indicate that it is only for use with JR/Spektrum Radios.
Since I have had zero luck trying to get it to see the transmitters, I tried it today with a Spektrum 7 transmitter, using the USB Stick Adapter and also with and without the AFPO2 adapter.
Still no luck.

Can you advise if the Patch is in fact required in order to use the DUAL USB INTERFACE?

And What is the difference, if any, between the DUAL USB INTERFACE and what you referred to as a DUMMY USB INTERFACE?

Thanks... Off to try for the fourth time to download the patch. I have been downloading it from a Mac, not a PC.
Is the file, by same chance in a PC only format?

Harley

[/quote]
Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Harley Licht

The download is a ZIP. You have to copy the CONTENTS of the zip file to your AeroFly Pro directory. The 1.11.7.31 Mac patch should be downloaded from here http://www.aerofly.com/downloads.htm
Mark,

FYI - I think that Your link above is not quite correct.

it is: http://www.aerofly.com/downloads.htm

And I believe it should be: http://www.aerofly.com/downloads.html

Regards,
Harley
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
rajul

You're right. One letter was truncated

Yes, the patch is needed to use the slave usb interface
Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Harley Licht

You're right. One letter was truncated

Yes, the patch is needed to use the slave usb interface
Ok thanks.. Well I have partial success..... finally!

Turns out it was my browser that was corrupting the download.
I used a different browser and finally got the download as a zip file and
installed it just fine... Thank you! Glad to know that the problem was
only at my end, which seemed logical, since no one else seemed to be
having a similar problem. I will have to research the problem at my end
later, when I have a bit more time to do so.

And now that the patch is loaded, I expect that I will be able to get the
Dummy USB system working with my other transmitters. Will try that
later tonite.

Thanks for all of your patience and assistance.

Harley
Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM
rkimmerle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am wanting to buy a simulator now and want to know if I should wait. Can you give me an idea how long soon is?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
rajul

And What is the difference, if any, between the DUAL USB INTERFACE and what you referred to as a DUMMY USB INTERFACE?
A simple test would be to plug in the slave interface and open AFPD. The serial number displayed on the top right corner of the screen will be "unknown"

Here is the procedure to use the slave cable:

1.Start AFPD with only the original USB Interface Cable or USB Game Commander connected. If the USB Interface Cable is connected without a transmitter you will get a message saying that no Tx was detected - Click OK
2.Connect the USB Slave Cable or Slave Game Commander to a free USB port, wait a few seconds and then click on “Calibrateâ€. Ensure that your transmitter is in PPM mode.
3.In the “Input Device†window click on “Refreshâ€. You will then see “USB Dummy Intf #0" or “USB Dummy GC #0†- highlight this and click on “Propertiesâ€.
4.Calibrate as you would with any controller (see instruction manual).
5.Click on “Controlsâ€. At the bottom of the window click on “Newâ€.
6.On the left lower section of the window click on the circle displayed at the “USB Interface/Game Commander #2â€.
7.Proceed with the “Channel Assignment†- Click OK when finished.
8.At the “Aircraft Control Settings†window you will see “New USB/Interface/GC #2†- Assign to Aircraft 1 or 2 and click OK
9.You are now ready to fly.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Harley Licht

Hi Mike,

Thank you.. that worked out quite well.... I am almost there.

I have the software recognizing and calibrated, using both a Futaba T6XA transmitter
and a Spektrum DX7 Transmitter..

Down to a last problem.

Everything seems to be working fine, except that the software is not recognizing the
dual rate switches (Aileron and Elevator) on either transmitter. When operating under the windows version,
it always saw the dual rate switches on the transmitters and responded accordingly.

I assume that I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea at this point, what it
might be.

Any suggestions?

Harley
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 AM
rajul

When you are using dual rates, you must perform the calibration at high rate. Let me know
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Harley Licht

When you are using dual rates, you must perform the calibration at high rate. Let me know
That was it!

This is getting boring, saying THANK YOU all the time...... but THANK YOU!

I have never seen that in any of the documentation. Makes sense, now that you
have pointed it out... but I probably never would have thought of that without your
assistance.

Hopefully, some of your advice and tips will make it into a "FAQ for Dummies" somewhere.

Harley
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Harley Licht

Here is a tip that may help Mac Users running the MAC version of Aerofly and allows the use
of the Fkeys (Function Keys) on a Mac keyboard from within the Aerofly Program...

In the default keyboard configuration on a Mac, many of the Function keys have
a dedicated function, such as Brightness up/down, volume up/down etc.
Therefore if you want to use the Keyboard Function Keys as defined within the Aerofly program:

You must depress the "fn" key AND the Fkey at the same time.
This will cause the Fkeys to perform the function assigned within AeroFly.

OR

Alternatively, when using AeroFly, you can go into the Preference Panel, select
Keyboard/Mouse and then Select the box that says "Use all F1, F2.. Keys as standard Function Keys".
But you will need to remember to UNCHECK this box, when you are finished using AeroFly.

Harley

Old 08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
rajul

ORIGINAL: rkimmerle

I am wanting to buy a simulator now and want to know if I should wait. Can you give me an idea how long soon is?
Looks like its going to be mid September http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...arus&search=Go
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Harley Licht

Mike,

Can you give us an update on the status of Aerofly Pro with Apple OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard?
Do you see any issues or problems running under Snow Leopard?

Thanks,
Harley
Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM
rajul

Hi Harley, we will be testing it soon but we do not anticipate any problems, just like Windows 7
Old 09-04-2009, 07:09 AM
clm
My Feedback: (24)

I upgraded to Snow Leopard last Friday (day it was released) and have not had any issues (yet).
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 AM
rajul

Hi clm, thanks for the great info!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.